Five-year USAID-funded education project in Yemen that will increase equitable and safe access to quality certified education for Yemeni children and youth. The main goal will be to support and build capacity of Ministry of Education to manage the implementation of new education system.
The Systems Strengthening Advisor will provide technical assistance in Education in Emergencies (EiE) activities. Under the supervision of the COP, the Systems Strengthening Advisor will be responsible for all efforts for systems strengthening of Ministry of Education and implementation of Transitional Education Plan policies for quick and efficient adherence.
The Systems Strengthening Advisor will:
- Conduct an institutional capacity assessment of the MOE to prioritize educational system strengthening activities
- Design, implement and execute educational system strengthening activities
- Collaborate with a team of experts and specialists to support educational system strengthening activities to improve the MOE’s financial systems, education policies, curriculum, and adaptive management strategies
- Plan and oversee the implementation of the RERA and collaborate with the MOE to devise practical solutions for conflict-affected areas
- Extrapolate qualitative and quantitative data to support system strengthening methods
- Champion EMIS system for the strengthening of MOE’s capacity for evidence-based decision-making
- Support the ministries/departments of education to devise education policies that promote more synergies between management of northern and southern schools, teachers and students
- Strengthen the capacity of Project Implementation Units within ministries so that they can coordinate donor support in a synergized manner and prevent overlap of resources
- Lead activities to strengthen the national curriculum
- Develop new materials (or possibly redesign existing materials) and strategically align materials with policy requirements to meet the needs of both students and teachers
- Assist with policy development for the printing and delivery of books and other materials to schools (books publishing to be supported by other donors)
- Work closely with other program colleagues and technical specialists to ensure integrated, consistent approach to gender, equity, and social inclusion activities
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in the fields of education, gender studies, anthropology, sociology, psychology or related field
- At least one year of advanced study in gender studies, gender in education or similar
- At least 5 years of professional experience supporting gender in education projects
- Experience in designing gender-sensitive materials or integrating gender awareness into teaching materials and activities
- Experience in education in conflict areas
- Demonstrated capacity in strengthening education in crisis system and improve organizational capacity and leadership
- Experience conducting RERA in high risk areas
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization, government agency, or private company
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas
- Extensive practical experience and knowledge of education system in Yemen
- Ability to guide, motivate and empower team members
- Fluent in Arabic and English
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.