Talent Bench: Proposal Editor Consultants, Arlington, VA or Remotely
MSI is creating a bench of editors that will be on call for potential short-term consultancy assignments generated from the Business Development Unit. Proposal editors will be responsible for editing technical volumes and annexes such as CVs, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans, work plans and past performance references (PPRs). The level of effort will depend on the assignment. Each assignment will be given a specific number of hours for each request and can be conducted remotely.
- Edit technical proposals and other annexes (e.g., CVs, M&E plans, PPRs, etc.)
- Maintain consistency of voice, style, punctuation, spelling and grammar following MSI’s style guide and client preferences
- Create acronym lists and define acronyms in proposals
- Identify and offer suggested edits to correct ambiguous or unclear technical passages
- Coordinate with subject matter experts to resolve substantive questions, meaning, language and context of material as necessary
- Substantive rewrite proposal sections as needed (under the guidance and supervision of proposal management staff)
- Support formatting and production of technical volumes per client instructions and ensure that all materials follow MSI branding requirements
- Coordinate editorial schedules with proposal management staff while communicating needs and deadlines
- Minimum two years of experience editing for proposals, media, communications, marketing or a related field required
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, marketing, communications, international development, political science or related field required
- English fluency required
- Familiarity with AP Style preferred
- Experience in business development and/or international development preferred
- Skilled in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint products
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.