Join the Media Platform for the Global Development Community
You: a proactive, process-oriented entry-level / early career professional who is attentive to detail, and wants to make a difference by helping connect global development employers with top talent around the globe.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world by working directly with our audience of one million global development professionals.
If you’re eager to use your analytical skills to learn more about the global development sector, improve recruitment processes and brainstorm innovative approaches to help the biggest organizations in the humanitarian space find the professionals they need to achieve their missions, we’d love to get to know you better.
We want to give you the opportunity to carve out your own place in the world, learn from sharp, committed colleagues and be part of an energizing culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun).
Why this position is great for you:
- You’ll get to learn about the most important issues in the world—from eradicating malaria and polio, fighting climate change, to ending poverty, as well as what kinds of skills and professionals are needed to tackle these challenges;
- You’ll get to work with people from literally every corner of the globe, and help strengthen the foundations of a growing and dynamic team across offices in Washington DC, Barcelona, and Manila;
- You’ll get to explore different approaches to improving existing project management systems and administrative processes related to recruitment in the international development industry;
- You will get an insider’s look on how the hiring process works at hundreds of international organizations, global development NGOs, and consulting firms;
- You go home each day knowing you are helping talented professionals find their dream jobs and employers find the perfect candidates to realize their missions;
- We’re a young, dynamic company that’s growing fast and that has an open, collaborative culture.
What we need from you:
The main responsibilities of the Talent Solutions Coordinator are:
- Serving as point person for project management tools and applications, responsible for regularly tracking progress and updating colleagues accordingly;
- Database and file management, ensuring system integrity at all times throughout various digital platforms;
- Assisting with drafting summary reports, gathering and analyzing data and metrics for internal use and client deliverables;
- Managing inquiries from candidates / clients across the TS business lines as needed, with focus on supporting large-scale recruitment projects;
- Monitoring emails and ensuring requests, queries, or concerns are addressed;
- Researching on and testing new platforms for process improvements, occasionally conducting demos, and providing recommendations to inform decision-making;
- Screening and classifying resumes, as needed.
To fit well in this role you must be sharp, organized, know how to see a project through from start to finish, and have the research and analytical skills to learn the nuance of global development operations. And—this really matters—you need the communications skills that attract colleagues to want to work with you.
You also must have…
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (communications, international development, marketing, etc.);
- 1-2 years of experience in an administrative or coordination position (internships and volunteer work count);
- Native or near native written and spoken English skills;
- A passion for learning about the global development and humanitarian sector;
- The drive to help people find jobs they love and guiding employers to the best talent;
This opening is a project-based position with a 6-month contract, based in our office in Ortigas City, Philippines. The successful candidate will work during the mid shift, from 3pm-12 midnight, and will be entitled to a 7.5% shift differential on top of the basic salary.
Interested? Get the conversation started by sending in your CV and cover letter now! Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people.
An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona, and Manila, and reporters around the world. Our diverse global team includes 100 web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world. Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.