Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) has been contracted by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to provide management and technical services for the implementation of USAID/Honduras’ Monitoring & Evaluation Support for Collaborative Learning and Adapting (MESCLA) activity aimed at supporting and strengthening monitoring and evaluation of USAID financed development assistance in Honduras.
USAID/Honduras commissioned MESCLA to conduct a Whole of Project Evaluation in the form of a Learning Strategy Performance Evaluation (LSPE). The purpose of the DO1 Learning Strategy Performance Evaluation (LSPE) is to identify the learning processes that contribute to the effective sharing and adapting of good practices across DO1 Activities and within the Mission. These practices relate to program design and implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and learning (ME&L), and operations. The evaluation findings will contribute to: 1) adapting current DO1 implementation within the current CDCS timeframe, and 2) informing design of the 2020-2024 CDCS. In addition, the evaluation will examine what works in communicating findings to the U.S. Congress and other stakeholders. The evaluation will fulfill the conditions of a WOPE and must be completed before the end of 2019.
The Team Lead - DO1 Learning Evaluation will work closely with MESCLA and its Evaluation Team in the implementation of the evaluation, and will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Lead the Evaluation Team following relevant Automated Directives System (ADS) guidelines
- Conduct regular briefings with MESCLA
- Assure the quality of deliverables, data collection, analysis, reports and presentations to USAID/Honduras
- Lead the design of the evaluation’s work plan and methodology for answering the Learning Questions –see annex 1
- Design and lead the implementation of a detailed evaluation methodology and work plan
- Lead the design of the Key Informant Interview (KII) questionnaires and Focus Group Discussion (FGD) guides
- Develop a mind map for the proposed approach
- Lead the document review including relevant DO1 documentation –see document review deliverable for more details
- Quantify qualitative data where possible
- Lead the KIIs and FGDs
- Code responses and quantify qualitative data where possible
- Lead the meetings with USAID/Honduras
- Draft the Evaluation’s draft and final reports according to the ADS guidelines and format to be provided by MESCLA
- Prepare a Power Point presentation of preliminary findings
- Lead in the presentation of the preliminary findings to USAID Honduras
- Lead the drafting of the Top Line Report as directed by MESCLA
- Advanced Degree in relevant discipline
- At least 5 years of experience working on citizen security and violence/crime prevention preferably in Latin American countries
- Five (5) years of working as an Evaluation Team Leader
- Experience in data collection and analysis (qualitative research)
- Desirable knowledge of Honduras context or a similar context is preferred
- Fluency in English is preferred. Fluency is Spanish is required for consultants collecting data from local partners and municipal authorities. The Lead may be fluent in English with a professional working fluency in Spanish
- Excellent writing and communication ability
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.