Team Leader and Private Sector Development Expert
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
The aim of the Regional Technical Assistance Facility is to contribute to an improved business enabling environment and investment climate, as well as to develop national and regional value chains and increased investments, innovation, trade and sustainable production and consumption patterns.
The facility will implement activities aimed to, inter alia:
promote and strengthen inclusive public-private dialogue through capacity building;
strengthen structured political and policy dialogue;
contribute to market-based approaches to private sector development;
strengthen capacity of MSMEs and young innovative entrepreneurs;
promote women entrepreneurship;
generate knowledge, studies and communication;
analyse national/regional and support the development of value chains; and
strengthen the capacity of regional bodies and national administrations to design and implement legal, regulatory, administrative and institutional reforms that promote trade, economic stability, conducive business environments, and attract investment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Palladium are currently seeking a Team Leader who will be permanently based in Brussels and will be responsible for managing the BDIC Facility. They will have overall responsibility for planning, coordination, implementation and reporting for all project activities.
The Team Leader will be responsible for management of components related to:
Public Private Dialogue;
Political and Policy Dialogue;
Policy and regulation
The Team Leader will oversee all Key and Non-Key Experts and will support DEVCO in operational management of various PSD interventions in the EA-SA-IO region. They will coordinate the BDIC Facility’s with other relevant programmes (Tradecom, TPSD, ACP PSD TSF). The Team Leader will provide technical advice and prepare workplans, progress reports and budgets. They will be responsible for reviewing / approving reports prepared by technical experts mobilised under the BDIC Facility.
- Degree (preferably post-graduate degree / Masters) in Business, Economics, Law, or other field relevant to the assignment
- Fluent English is a requirement (also possibly French as an asset?)
- Extensive general professional experience relevant to the sector (economic development, PSD, Trade, investment, etc.)
- Significant professional experience in managing PSD projects, with a focus on Public Private Dialogue (PPD) / private sector advocacy;
- Significant professional experience in economic development policy, regulation, legal frameworks, and/or institutional reforms, to promote trade, economic stability, conducive business environments, and attract investments;
- Comparable leadership experience (Team Leader or similar) on large-scale economic development / PSD projects;
- Experience in EU Policy Dialogue related to economic development / PSD / trade;
- Extensive working experience in the area of PSD / trade in the target region (EA-SA-IO);
- Experience with the Sustainable Business for Africa (SB4A) platform will be an asset;
- Senior level (Team Leader, Key Expert, or similar) experience on large-scale regional / multi-country projects will be an asset.