Cardno Emerging Markets (UK) Ltd is currently looking for an international part time technical assistant (6 months every year) for 5 years in Maputo, Mozambique. The Team Leader will be responsible to organise the overall monitoring and coordination of a Food Security and Nutrition programme at central and provincial levels. This will include the organisation and analysis of baseline, mid-term and final surveys, administrative, preparatory and ancillary tasks relating to planning, monitoring, reporting on programme components, procurement, and financial management. Portuguese mandatory. Experience with IFAD, FAO, WFP and EU strongly preferred, previous experience in M&E and MIS.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Post graduate university degree in agricultural development, food security, nutrition or relevant social science fields or in development economics,
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (writing and speaking Portuguese and English) and the ability to put forward and defend orally and in writing difficult complex technical issues and positions
- Must be computer literate and highly proficient in ITC, Management Information System, database design and development, practical knowledge of Global Information System and data remote sensing an advantage
- Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm, and diplomacy both individually and as a team leader
General professional experience
- At least 10 years’ post-qualification experience at a senior level in project cycle management, aid planning and administration.
- Experience in coordinating a team of long and short-term experts on at least three (3) previous contracts.
- At least 10 years’ work experience in programmes focusing on coordination and monitoring and evaluation of food security projects, capacity building, institutional strengthening and training of local counterparts.
- At least 5 years’ work experience in developing countries, preferably in East Africa and/or the Indian Ocean.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in the application of EU programming modalities and procedures (EDF and/or EU Budget) and the management of EU-funded programmes - implementation and evaluation stages.
- Experience and knowledge of WFP, FAO and IFAD project management cycle and familiar with UN rules and regulations
- At least 5 years’ experience operating a management information systems and databases, using new ICT
Proven experience in the implementation of visibility actions such as the operation of websites, development of brochures, flyers, etc.
Starting date: 2nd quarter 2013
Duration: 60 months (550 man/days)