Swisscontact-implemented project, PRABRIDDHI – Local Economic Development (LED), funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), will support in creating a common platform and processes to identify key blockages in business growth which impact wealth generation and employment creation. To ensure successful project implementation according to client specifications and achieve the expected impact, Swisscontact is looking for a
Team Leader for LED Phase I
Employment Start: late 2020
Contract Duration: Initial contract of one year; based on performance, the contract will be extended up to August 2025
Place of Work: Dhaka, Bangladesh with regular visits to field locations
· Lead project implementation to achieve qualitative and quantitative outcomes and intended impact;
· Lead and facilitate discussions and liaison between local organisations, businesses, individuals, business associations, chambers of commerce and representatives of local government institutions and administrative bodies concerning LED;
· Lead the knowledge curation process, particularly with regards to developing a country-specific LED concept, toolkit and case studies;
· Lead and commission surveys and assessments to identify opportunities and constraints for LED;
· Work with public and private institutions in developing strategies to stimulate LED initiatives;
· Ensure gender and social inclusion aspects are mainstreamed and achieved in the project;
· Mentor and coach project staff to build their capacities on various technical and management issues pertinent to the project;
· Ensure financial reports to the donor and the Government of Bangladesh are accurate and submitted timely; and
· Lead on donor management and communications and represent the project during relevant events.
· At least a master’s degree in Economics, Social Science, Public Administration or equivalent;
· Minimum 10 years of progressive professional work experience, and at least 5 years of experience in senior management and leadership role(s);
· Strong understanding of private sector development and business decision making processes;
· Excellent understanding of market systems approach and leveraging private sector investment for workforce development and business modernisation;
· Excellent analytical, negotiating, problem solving and decision making skills;
· Ability to manage working relationship with diverse public and private stakeholder is mandatory;
· Good understanding of working principles and methods of SDC will be valuable;
· Experience of mentoring and coaching team of young professionals; and
· Excellent verbal, presentation and listening skills with advanced communication skill in English (verbal and written) as well as excellent computer literacy.
Please access the detail job description in this link: Detail Job Description
We offer attractive working conditions in an international and multicultural context. We see our work as a joint effort in an agile organizational culture: mutual respect, trust and teamwork.
We look forward to receiving your application with the following documents: letter of motivation and curriculum vitae. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 16 August 2020
Further information about the organization is available on our website www.swisscontact.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the final selection process.
We create Opportunities