Project: Technical assistance of the �support to ECOWAS commission for transport governance in West Africa
Engagement: Long-term, 550 working days
Start: October 2019
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is the ‘improved sustainability and security of the regional road transport system’. This transport system will be a factor of inclusive development in terms of gender equality, stability and regional integration. The project will, on the basis of commitments made at ECOWAS/WAEMU level, increase the freedom of movement of goods and persons, reduce the costs of interstate road transport by improving the governance of road maintenance and modernising the supply chain thanks to the gradual liberalisation of road transport activities in a competitive, regulated framework, excluding any dumping and cartelisation practices and mitigating the social costs associated with the necessary modernisation of the sector.
The purpose of this contract is to contribute to endowing the regional actors (ECOWAS, WAEMU) of Institutional, Organisational, and M & E Capacity coordination needed to ensure good governance, rigorous management and effective road transport policies / programmes.
The expected results are:
- Development of advocacy, visibility, follow-up to policy-dialogue platforms and promotion of transparency;
- Updating the policy reference frameworks and regional regulations.
Qualifications and skills
- A Master’s degree in transport, economics, civil engineering or business administration or equivalent;
- Fluency in English and French. Knowledge of Portuguese is considered an asset;
- Proven track record of professional experience in managing multicultural teams of technical specialists with strong facilitation, leadership and communication skills;
- Good knowledge and professional experience of EU procedures;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office® suite, datasheets and e-mails. Experience in Internet website management or social media is considered an asset.
General professional experience
- At least 15 years demonstrated experience of which 8 years would have been on project management.
Specific professional experience
- At least management of two similar transport facilitation projects.
- Demonstrated experience in developing countries, ideally in West Africa in the last fifteen years.
- S/he should have experience in procurement of donor-funded projects and be acquainted with regional integration issues;
- Demonstrated experience in defining road transport policies or institutional and regulatory framework and in training;
- Good knowledge of the issues and challenges of the road sector in the West Africa region.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org