Project title: Long term technical assistance to support the Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) implementation in Seychelles
Brief description: The purpose of the project is to assist the Government of Seychelles in implementing projects under the 11th EDF by providing direct support to the Trade Department within the Ministry of Finance, Trade, Investment and Economic Planning and other implementing authorities. The long-term technical assistance will serve to facilitate implementation of the various projects encompassing a number of short- and medium-term activities. Each of these activities will require its own specific expertise, which the long-term technical assistant will assist Government in selection following the necessary rules and procedures.
Results to be achieved:
- Key Result 1: improved capacity of key Government institutions in managing and implementing the economic partnership agreement, including via better trade policy formulation and trade negotiations;
- Key Result 2: improved capacity of the private operators in exploiting value chains and high value addition using environmentally friendly production techniques;
- Key Result 3: improved environment for the private sector development.
Commencement date of the project: October 2019
Duration of the assignment: 860 workdays over 43 months
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Masters’ degree in Development Economics with a specialisation and/or a strong focus on international trade, or similar discipline of relevance to the assignment. In the absence of a master’s degree, professional experience of at least 15 years in the sector(s) directly related to trade development domains related to this assignment.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years’ professional experience in the field of international trade or equivalent domains;
- Proven experience as Team Leader in at least 2 EU-funded projects.
Specific professional experience
- At least 8 years working experience in trade development and/or trade promotion and/or trade facilitation;
- Proven experience in the negotiation and/or implementation of trade and/or regional integration agreements;
- Proven experience in dealing with trade issues in ACP countries;
- Proven experience in delivering training;
- Proven experience in coordination, monitoring and evaluation of trade-related projects;
- A good understanding of EU development assistance;
- Proven experience in reporting;
- Excellent organisation and coordination skills;
- Ability to take initiatives and to work in a fast track and in a new cultural environment;
- Strong computer skills;
- Fluent written and oral communication in English.