DAI/Human Dynamics is currently preparing for the forthcoming EU project “EU assistance for Uzbekistan Agri-Food Development Strategy 2020-2030”. The overall objective of the Sector Reform Performance Contract of which this contract will be a part is: to contribute to the achievement of the 2030 Vision of the Agri-Food Sector, which aims to develop a competitive, market and export-oriented Uzbekistan Agri-food Sector that will increase farm incomes, create new jobs, enhance food security and ensure the sustainable use of natural resources (in line with the Uzbekistan Agri-Food Development Strategy 2020-2030 and its Roadmap).
We welcome applications for the position of Team Leader. The profile description can be found below:
He/she will be in charge of the overall management of the project in terms of priorities, content, policy dialogue, ensuring overall coherence of approach, linking with other stakeholders, ensuring adequacy to the needs the objectives and purposes of the ASK and delivering timely quality outputs. He/she will also be managing the selection and supervision of short-term expertise and coordinate reporting. He/she will be closely coordinating with the EU Delegation and all relevant authorities.
Qualifications and skills:
- Masters’ Degree in Management, Public administration, Economics, Agriculture Economics, Rural Development or in another relevant field or, as an equivalent, a bachelor’s degree and 2 years more general professional experience in excess of the minimum 15 years (as defined below);
- Proven knowledge of public policies and programmes in the agriculture and rural development sector in the EU and transition economies;
- Very strong, diverse stakeholder coordination, communication and facilitation skills;
- Excellent English communication skills both orally and in writing;
- Russian and/or Uzbek language skills would be an asset;
- Proven management and leadership skills;
- Knowledge of Central Asian region, economy, culture and customs would be an advantage.
General professional experience:
- At least 15 years of relevant international experience working in development cooperation in agricultural and rural development, out of which
- At least 5 years of relevant international senior level management experience in similar projects in strategic planning, management, institutional capacity building, policy and programme implementation.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 5 years in project management or coordination, including project planning and progress monitoring in developing countries, including working on agricultural and rural development;
- Experience as a team leader on a long-term assignment involving multiple stakeholders (over 12 months) in the last 5 years;
- Extensive experience of management, monitoring and coordination of long and short-term international and local expertise and teams;
- Practical experience of working in the former CIS in similar projects;
- Previous experience of working in similar projects in Central Asia would be considered an asset.