The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: „Technical assistance to support the reformation on employment policies and vocational education and training” in Albania.
The overall objective of the project, of which this contract will be a part is to contribute to the implementation of the NESS action plan 2019 - 2022, whose wider objectives include fostering decent job opportunities through effective labour market policies, offering quality vocational education and training to youth and adults, and promoting social inclusion and territorial cohesion and strengthening the Governance of the Labour Market.
It is expected that the Team Leader (Key Expert 1) will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the project as a whole, ensuring synergy of all its components, activities and stakeholders and ensuring the quality of all project outputs. It is expected that s/he will be responsible for the overall coordination of the project implementation and all its related activities and the effective supervision and management of the Non-key experts. Key Expert 1 will also be substantially involved in project activities. In addition, the Team Leader will work closely together with the responsible institutions develop the VET Management Information System. In addition the Key Expert 1 will be responsible for preparing all staff from regional and local employment offices to implement the National Service model through the country. S/He will also be responsible for the designing the programmes targeting NEET and beneficiaries of social assistance. In addition, the key expert will support efforts to enhance coverage, efficiency, effectiveness and impact in line with local needs, resources and capacities.
Qualifications and skills
- Master degree or equivalent in law, economics, public administration, social science or other relevant degree related to the project;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken (min 2 points in the scale from 1 to 5 where 1 is excellent and 5 is basic)
- Computer literate
General Professional experience
- Preferably 10 (ten) years but not less than 7 (seven) of professional experience in the field of employment services;
Specific Professional experience
- Preferably 5 (five) years but no less than 3 (three) years of professional experience in the field of modernisation of employment services and European policies in the employment sector;
- Experience in at least one (1) project- on training of employment service staff;
- Experience as key expert in at least one project/contract in the field of employment services and/or VET in public institutions in EU Member States, candidate or potential candidate country in EU accession process;
- Experience in programs addressing NEETs and/or youth guarantee will be considered as an asset.
The location of the project team will be in Tirana, Albania. Therefore, Tirana will be the place of posting for the experts involved in this project. However, due to the nature of the services provided, the technical assistance team will be required to travel and spend longer periods in different Albanian regions related to the project.
Start date & period of implementation
The indicative starting date is September 2020. The period of implementation of the contract will be 24 months from this date (indicative 440 working days).
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement. We would like to ask you to apply with a CV in Europeaid format.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.