The Mitchell Group in seeking a team leader (TL), who will be responsible for overall management of an evaluation in Nigeria relating to monitoring and evaluation, statistical data analysis, understanding of Maternal Newborn Child Health/Reproductive Health/Family Planning service delivery, health systems strengthening with expertise in human resources and logistics management. This includes coordinating and packaging the deliverables in consultation with the other team members. The TL will develop tools for the evaluation and share them with USAID/Nigeria. The TL will develop the outline for the draft report, present the report after incorporating USAID Nigeria staff comments if necessary, submit the final report to USAID/Nigeria within the prescribed timeline.
Skills/experience: The TL should have the following qualifications:
- Advanced degree in health, political science, international relations, social sciences or related field;
- At least 7-10 years working experience in the field of health, HR, Maternal Newborn Child Health/Reproductive Health/Family Planning
- A good understanding of USAID project administration;
- Program planning. Implementation, evaluation and design experience and;
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
The TL will have the following responsibilities:
- Finalize and negotiate with USAID for the team work plan for the assignment
- Establish roles, responsibilities, and tasks for each member
- Ensure the logistic arrangements in the field are complete
- Facilitate and set the agenda for Team Planning Meeting (TPM)
- Take the lead on preparing , coordinating team member input, submitting, revising and finalizing the assignment report
- Mange the process of report writing
- Manage team coordination meetings in the field
- Coordinate the workflow and tasks and ensure that the team members are working to schedule
- Ensure the field logistics are arranged (e.g. administrative and clerical support are provided, ensure payment is made for services such as car/driver hire or other travel and transport arranged, etc)
- Handle conflict within the team
- Serve as the primary contact with USAID/Nigeria and serve as spokesperson for the group, as required
- Debrief USAID/Nigeria as the evaluation progresses, and organize a final debriefing
- Serve as primary interface with USAID/Nigeria in submission of draft and final reports/deliverables to USAID/Nigeria.
- Make decisions in conjunction with USAID/Nigeria about the safety and security of the team in consultation with the USAID/Nigeria.
- Assume technical direction lead in order to ensure quality and appropriateness of assignment and report content.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents as MS Word files via e-mail to email@example.com. In the subject line, please indicate “Team Leader - Nigeria”. CV’s/resumes will be reviewed as they are received. Early application is encouraged. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Completed and signed USAID form No. AID 1420-17
- Brief cover letter that includes a one paragraph summary of your key qualifications
- Current CV/résumé with references.
About the Organization
The Mitchell Group (TMG) has been providing a variety of international consulting services for over 20 years in the areas of:
-Monitoring and Evaluation
-Financial Management and Grants
-Basic Education and Training
TMG provides better management of limited resources for U.S. Government agencies, non-profit organizations, and private firms involved in development in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Caribbean, Eastern Europe and the Newly Independent States.
TMG works in areas as diverse as: Education, Health, Natural Resource Management and the Environment. In managing projects for USAID and other donors, The Mitchell Group is guided throughout the process by its corporate philosophy of "efficient management of development resources". Over 20 years, TMG has offered substantive technical assistance to its clients, making and leaving a sustainable impact on all of its contracts and delivering results directly to the intended beneficiaries and stakeholders. To date, TMG has implemented 56 USAID contracts (short- and long term) worldwide and is currently supporting about $ 20 million in contracts annually. These include six long-term contracts as prime contractor and another four as a sub-contractor.
We tailor our work according to the unique situations as determined by the client - from the implementing agency to the local stakeholders. Whether providing training in financial management, organizing conferences or writing communication materials, we always work to meet the client’s priority goals in the most cost effective and well managed way possible.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Monitoring and Evaluation
Whether our work takes the form of consultation to schools, professional development for teachers, disaster relief or agriculture project assessment, The Mitchell group is ready to meet the needs of USAID or other clients by making sure the right M & E tools are in place. We undertake rigorous field-testing of our programs and serve as evaluators on a wide range of initiatives developed by other organizations. In our commitment to building bridges between research and practice, we also help others develop their skills and strengthen their ability to base their instructional decisions on data and analysis.
Get industry-leading support whenever, wherever, and however you need it. TMG provides the resources you need to address service related issues and questions to help you ensure business continuity—from communications to conference services, our support infrastructure includes a large staff of technical, administrative and field experts serving customers in Washington and countries around the world. TMG’s staffing resources ensures a service presence in every major global region. TMG maintains a highly available, efficient environment with industry-leading services, tools, and capabilities including:
-Communications and Publications
-Monitoring and Evaluation
Financial Management and Grants
TMG has gained considerable experience in grants and financial management on several related projects during the past 20 years. TMG has also carried out extensive work with international private voluntary organizations/PVOs, indigenous non-governmental organizations (PVOs/NGOs) and with other not-for-profit organizations extensively in Africa.
Our Grants Management work supports USAID and other organizations missions by carefully reviewing solicitations for applications, processing applications, negotiating awards, managing administrative and financial aspects of awards, monitoring progress against expenditures, resolving audit problems, and closing out awards when the projects are completed. TMG Grants Management Staff can also arrange workshops and training sessions for recipients and program officials to keep the USAID grants community current on procedures and requirements relating to grants and cooperative agreements.
Basic Education and Training
Over the past 20 years, the Mitchell Group has become a global organization focused on learning and human development for people of all ages with an emphasis on primary education.
TMG has considerable experience working in Africa on integrated development programs focusing on community and basic education. Our activities have focused on strengthening institutional capacity through community decision-making processes, resolving questions of equity and access, decentralizing management, strengthening administration, and developing programmatic and financial transparency.