We are searching for an experienced programme leader to join our proposal for an upcoming project delivering technical assistance and capacity building to support local governments change in the way urbanisation is delivered and to develop approaches to tackle urban renewal projects.
The programme forms part of the Global Future Cities initiative aimed at encouraging sustainable urban development and catalysing prosperity and growth. The team leader will be based in Abeokuta or Lagos and lead on the development urban renewal and planning guidelines and policies along with the team and stakeholders.
The leader will be responsible for
* Leading on the design and delivery of programme strategy and implementation
* Leading on and working with key stakeholders in the development, preparation and implementation policies and guidelines as required
* Serving as the key champion of the programme in Nigeria, and creating synergies with private, public and multinational bodies
* Leading and motivating a diverse team of experts to deliver on goals
* Lead on stakeholder management, and create strong and lasting relationships with the client
The ideal candidate will have:
* Exceptional leadership skills and experience; particularly leading programmes focused on urban and regional planning. public policy research, development and consulting
* An academic background in a discipline related to urban renewal, city planning or town planning is highly regarded
* Experience of taking an inclusive community-driven approach to urban renewal is highly advantageous
* Experience providing technical support on topics such as traffic planning, transport model development, transport policy and public road transport reform
* Experience providing technical assistance and capacity building programming to public sector beneficiaries
* Experience in delivering large complex programmes in Nigeria or a similar setting would be highly beneficial, and Nigerian nationals are highly encouraged to apply
* Fluency in written and spoken English is a must
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.