Near East Foundation
Assignment: Technical Proposal Writers
The Near East Foundation (NEF) is seeking experienced applicants for short-term assignments as Technical Proposal Writers. Successful applicants will possess a track record of writing winning proposals for USAID, other USG funding agencies as well as other bilateral and multilateral donors in the areas of Inclusive Economic Development, Agriculture and Food Security, Climate Resilience, WASH, Conflict Management and Mitigation, Early Recovery/ Stabilization and/or Civil Society Capacity Building.
Technical Proposal Writers will collaborate with NEF’s program and field teams in writing of a variety of technical proposals on a short-term, rolling basis. This is a remote-based consultancy position. More information on NEF’s and its affiliates’ work and geographic focus can be found on NEF’s website: www.neareast.org.
· Serve as the lead writer for developing proposal content related to the sectors and countries in which NEF works or is seeking to expand;
· Develop proposal content that is responsive to and compliant with the requirements outlined in the solicitation, scores well in terms of evaluation criteria, and incorporates winning themes and other strategies developed in consultation with the NEF HQ and field teams;
· Work with subject matter experts, including NEF field staff, to translate technical solutions, project design, and strategy into a clearly articulated, compelling, and compliant proposal documents.
Required Skills & Experience:
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience contributing to project design and proposal development in the areas listed above;
· Proven track record authoring successful proposals to USAID and other donor agencies;
· Strong conceptual, analytical, writing, and editing skills, including the ability to synthesize large amounts of information into concise, clear, and compelling narratives;
· Knowledge of competitive proposal processes and the role of lead proposal writer in those processes;
· Strong organizational skills, including time management and task prioritization, adherence to tight deadlines, and the ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously;
· Strong MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other computer skills;
· Superior written and oral fluency in English is required.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
· Knowledge and understanding of cross-cutting requirements in international development, including monitoring and evaluation, gender mainstreaming, technology and innovation, capacity building and training;
· Experience preparing non-USAID funded proposals (e.g., EU, UK donors);
· Proficiency in French and/or Arabic.
Please apply by submitting the following information, combined into a single file, on the Near East Foundation careers page: https://neareast.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=99source=Devex
2. Two writing samples illustrating your proposal writing experience
3. Daily consulting rate
NEF is reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Near East Foundation and its affiliates by visiting the NEF website (www.neareast.org).