Blumont Inc. is seeking a Technical Advisor for Food Security and Agriculture to join our growing Technical Services Unit (TSU), based in Arlington, Virginia. S/he will work collaboratively with Blumont’s technical, operations and business development staff in field and HQ to facilitate development and implementation of high impact programs that facilitate inclusive agriculture-based market systems; and improve adaptation of climate smart agricultural practices and nutrition, and emergency and early response to food insecurity. S/he will play a lead role in developing the food security and agriculture practice within Blumont; and support initiatives and activities with other technical and operations focal points in Blumont to reinforce or develop corporate capability in cross-sectoral approaches; and. S/he will also develop and nurture professional relationships with leading industry experts, implementing partners and key clients including but not limited to USAID (at Missions and Washington DC), DFID, and FAO.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze donor priorities and trends, pursue and assess opportunities in collaboration with Blumont entities and field teams, lead assessments and technical design as part of the capture process for new business opportunities;
- Lead or contribute to writing or reviewing proposals, concept notes, and expressions of interests for a wide range of funders including USAID, USDA, DFID, Food and Agriculture Organization;
- Provide technical assistance on a need basis and contribute to technical quality review processes for relevant and current programs;
- Author and/or contribute to the development of technical articles, papers, reports; and lead and/or support presentations, seminars and workshops on relevant topics
- Represent and promote Blumont’s approaches and results and expand its relationships with clients and industry actors, and capture trends, promising practices and business intelligence through active participation in relevant communities of practice, industry events, groups and associations;
- Develop and manage relationships with bi-lateral, multi-lateral and private sector clients and international and national implementing partners to inform programming and new business decisions.
- Develops internal and external rosters of leading technical professionals and liaises with SME consultants through regular contact and work planning sessions.
- Promote staff development and in-house technical capacity through mentoring and facilitating professional development opportunities; and support HR to recruit “best-in-class” technical talent to implement high quality programs, innovative engineering solutions, and win new business.
Required Skills & Experience:
You must be authorized to work in the US.
- Experience working on and/or designing successful USAID’s Feed the Future (FTF), Food for Education (FFE), and/or Development Food Security Activities (DFSA) and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) programs/projects.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics or other relevant International Development fields.
- Minimum 6 years of experience working in food security, agro- value -chain development, and nutrition or other related fields. For Bachelor’s degree holders, minimum 8 years of experience preferred.
- A demonstrable track record in the solution design, development/writing of successful proposals, and implementation of relevant programs with measurable results for various donors.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation of agricultural and food security programs including value chain assessments
- Demonstrable evidence on ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Fluency in French, Arabic or another foreign language.
- Experience working in sub-Saharan Africa and/Middle East
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification,
- Experience living or working outside the United States, and/or significant experience working with people from non-US cultures.
NOTE: Thank you for our interest in Blumont. Only qulified cndidats will be contacted.
About the Organization
Blumont is a nonprofit humanitarian relief and development organization with nearly 20 years of experience in 40 countries. We were founded as IRD (International Relief & Development) in 1998 and implement both humanitarian and development programs in relief, stabilization, and resilience worldwide. We have a diverse client base comprised of over 30 partner organizations including: USAID, UNHCR, DFID, World Bank, UNDP US DOS, USDA and the World Health Organization. Using advanced technology, tools and information resources, we implement highly effective programs in some of the most difficult environments in the world. Our mission is to deliver innovative, evidence based, locally driven solutions that advance the aspirations of people, communities and donor partners worldwide. Our operating paradigm is to collaborate, innovate, and transform.