Palladium is recruiting a Technical Advisor, Health Financing, as a mid-to-senior level specialist to provide content knowledge, technical assistance, consultation, and support for the development and execution of health financing and health economics studies, strategic purchasing approaches, and benefit package cost, , budgetary and bottleneck analysis as well as financing assessments for health financing schemes in developing countries. Methodologies that may be applied include system of health accounts, resource needs and gap analysis, cost-effectiveness studies, systematic literature reviews, qualitative or quantitative surveys, governance/regulatory assessments, unit costing, and financial feasibility or actuarial analyses of proposals for expansion of health programs and risk-pooling schemes. The health financing specialist will have a clear understanding of the interaction between governance and finance to provide high-level technical assistance to developing country policymakers, conduct studies, and write position papers, reports, and technical briefs to inform relevant audiences. In close collaboration with the Health Financing Director, the successful candidate will be able to determine methods and procedures on new assignments, implement and manage other staff or consultants in carrying them out.This position will support the USAID-funded projects as well as other global health projects led by Palladium.
* Provides health economics and/or health financing expertise/technical assistance to the headquarters and local activities of the project, working with other technical staff and host country government institutions as per project requirements.
* Provides remote and on-the-ground technical, managerial, and operational oversight to specific projects and activities in a developing country setting related to areas of core expertise
* Provides analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, consider, and resolve health financing and governance issues.
* Uses various quantitative and qualitative techniques to perform financing, governance and policy analysis tasks.
* Responsible for the development of activity-specific work plans and budgets.
* Participates in and/or prepares necessary technical and program-related reports, including presentations and white papers.
* Guides and supports research, data collection, policy formulation, training and capacity building efforts in support of project activities and deliverables.
* Ensures quality of services and compliance per project/program requirements.
* May provide functional guidance to outside vendors to ensure deliverables are met within timelines and budgets.
* Organizes as needed project/program trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
* Participates, and represents the organization as needed, in outside associations, conferences, and symposia.
* Contributes to new business development efforts, as required and appropriate
* Advanced degree with significant international experience preferred
* MPH, MBA, or MA Economics or International Development, with significant coursework in economics, health financing, and statistics.
* Five years of experience in health financing and economics related to developing countries.
* With PhD, at least 2 years of direct post-graduation hands-on experience in health financing and economics
* Strong program management skills
* Strong interpersonal, writing, presentation, and organizational skills.
* Experience working internationally
* Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills.
* Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
* Professional and mature demeanor and conduct.
* Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands.
* Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.
* Ability to travel internationally up to 30% time
* Fluent written and spoken English is required. Working proficiency in additional languages such as Spanish. Portuguese or French is a plus.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.