As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
This Technical Advisor position is an advisor to the Asian Development Bank (ADB) supporting the Digital TVET Tender (DTT) Initiative. DTT is a joint initiative by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the ADB. The initiative’s objective is to use the potential of ADB-financed infrastructure projects in member states to enhance work-based learning on construction sites. This includes establishing a digital platform with a database that provides information on training requirements for the project to be supported, trained labor forces available for the project and available employment opportunities.
Focus of the position: technical tasks
- Develop a concept / procedure for the implementation of the initiative, which is agreeable within the ADB and agreed with the German side
- Assume a liaising function between the department responsible for technical and vocational education training, but also operational departments within the ADB
- Function as the contact person for BMZ, implementing organizations (GIZ, KfW) and other involved stakeholders (e.g. private sector) in the initiative
- Support the establishment of a digital platform for the implementation of the initiative
- Support the implementation of the concept as part of one to two pilot projects, including coordination with German bilateral development cooperation
- Support the operations departments in formulation of policy, strategies, and programs to scale up ADB operations in TVET through the Initiative Digital TVET Tender
- Contribute to knowledge sharing and staff development activities on important priorities in TVET such as public-private partnership, quality assurance, technology-enabled teaching and learning, and particularly training for infrastructure projects
- Provide information and analyses towards the development of approaches for Digital TVET Tender in the selected pilot countries in consultation with relevant government agencies and Resident Missions (RMs)
- Further the conceptual design of the Digital TVET Tender and promote the initiative in close cooperation with BMZ, GIZ, KfW and act as a focal point for the Digital TVET Tender initiative within ADB
- Lead the conceptualization of DTT component of the pilot projects and participate in promotional discussions with ADB partners (contractors, executing agencies and national TVET institutions) in the pilot countries
- Support piloting of training in infrastructure projects in one or more member states including exploring the establishment of data-sharing agreements and use of big data and develop a plan for scaling up the pilot
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in economics, science and technology, education, human resource development, labor economics, or other related fields.
- At least eight years of relevant professional experience in TVET, and in TVET reforms.
- Solid understanding of challenges and opportunities in sustainable development and financing of TVET and its innovation.
- International experience working in several countries.
- Expertise in digital transformation in developing countries is desirable.
- Proven expertise and experience within corporate TVET/private sector engagement in TVET.
- Good understanding regarding the implementation of IT projects incl. challenges (e.g. data gaps) in international multi-stakeholder contexts
- Good knowledge of functioning and usage of databases as well as in the area of data analysis and/or big data
- Excellent management, networking and communication skills
- Excellent English skills required, German would be an advantage
The advisor is posted in the ADB Head-Quarter in Manila, which is situated on the Philippines. Manila has urban living conditions, including international schools and child care systems. The climate is sub-tropical, while international standards of health-care are available. Security situation is stable.
It is planned to extend until end 2020.
The position requires regular travel to ADB member states, such as Mongolia and Pakistan.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.