Job Title: Technical Advisor Protection Mainstreaming
Reports to: Technical Advisor II for PSEA and Protection Mainstreaming
Internal Title: Advisor I
Department: Humanitarian Response Department (HRD)
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: International Telecommuting
You will provide technical advice and support to a range of program design and implementation issues in the area of Protection Mainstreaming in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to Country Program (CP) teams to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your advice, knowledge, and support will contribute to support the mainstreaming of protection, thereby improving the safety, access and dignity of our humanitarian programming is across the globe.
* Master’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development or another related field.
* Minimum three + years of experience, including three years of relevant field-based experience in development or humanitarian response settings, preferably in a conflict setting.
* Experience with participatory approaches to protection and/or gender mainstreaming.
* Good knowledge of concepts, approaches and application of PSEA policies and best practices.
* Demonstrated understanding of international protection standards.
* Experienced trainer/teacher of adults and multi-cultural groups
* Demonstrated ability to conduct assessments, develop strategy, write technical papers, develop training materials, and developing monitoring and evaluation tools.
* Ability to work independently but also coordinate effectively as part of a team.
* Ability to lead a multi-cultural team with a high level of respect for local culture.
* Strong analytical and organizational skills.
* Experience with capacity strengthening and partnership building.
Required Languages - Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, and good working proficiency in French and/or Spanish.
* Ability to live and work in disaster affected areas.
* Ability to deploy on short notice (within 48-72 hours) when needed
* Willingness and ability to travel overseas as required (approximately 50%)
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
CRS staff, alongside our partners and the people we serve, work daily to bring our mission and guiding principles to life. We share our stories of hope, compassion and solidarity to inspire others to join us in creating a more just and prosperous world for all.