Job Title: Technical Advisor I –Protection Mainstreaming & PSEA
Reports To: TA2 Protection Mainstreaming and PSEA
Period of Assignment: 1 year
The HRD has been piloting the EMPOWER (Empowering Partner Organizations Working on Emergency Responses) project with local partners based in the Caribbean and South America zones (CASAZ) of the Latin America and Caribbean (LACRO) region since 2018. You will provide technical advice and support to EMPOWER partners on Protection Mainstreaming (PM) and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA)/safeguarding and in line with the EMPOWER program goals and objectives, and with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to EMPOWER and partner teams to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your advice, knowledge, and support will provide capacity strengthening for partners and country teams in PM and PSEA/safeguarding. You will be part of the global Humanitarian Response Department, within the Protection Technical team.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
* Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, International Development or another related field required.
* Minimum of three years relevant work experience with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with minimum of two years relevant field-based experience in PSEA and/or PM.
* Knowledge of technical principles, concepts and international standards in PSEA and PM. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
* Experience in project design and proposal development. Experience in writing content for proposals.
* Experienced trainer/teacher of adults and multi-cultural groups
* Experienced in establishing a feedback mechanism is an asset
* Knowledge of capacity strengthening best practices and partnership building.
* Experience with program monitoring and evaluation and analysis.
* Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
* Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to navigate the humanitarian coordination system
* Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
* Willingness and ability to travel internationally 50% of time
* Candidates from/presently based in one of the project implementing countries preferred, but not required.
* Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
* Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks.
Required Foreign Language: Excellent professional communications skills, with language proficiency in oral and written English and Spanish. Knowledge of Portuguese, French or Kreyol a plus
Travel Required 50%
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
CRS staff, alongside our partners and the people we serve, work daily to bring our mission and guiding principles to life. We share our stories of hope, compassion and solidarity to inspire others to join us in creating a more just and prosperous world for all.