Key expert Local Economic Development and Multi-stakeholder Governance Expert
This service contract constitutes the complementary measure under the European Union Sector Budget Support Programme to Decentralisation in Ghana (2018-2020) to build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels for sustainable development through the implementation of the National Decentralisation Policy Framework (NDPF). The service contract foreseen is to support the institutions in charge of the decentralisation reforms, particularly the Inter-Ministerial Coordinating Committee (IMCC) on Decentralisation and its members. This support will take the form of technical assistance focusing on skills transfer and capacity development in the planning and implementation of the National Decentralisation Policy Framework and the National Decentralisation Action Plan.
- Post-Graduate Degree in Public Administration or in Development Studies or Local Economic Development or Law or in Economics or equivalent and professional experience of at least twelve (12) years.
- Proficiency in English.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in public administration, decentralisation and/or institutional development or Local Economic Development.
- Six (6) years professional working experience in supporting decentralisation reforms.
- At least three (3) years of professional working experience in Local Economic Development and experience in multi-stakeholder process management.
- Experience in strengthening capacities of local institutions in various aspects of Local Economic Development.
- Similar experience in other countries is an asset.
- Experience in participatory planning and conflict resolution.
About the OrganizationThe management of change is the central focus and raison d'être of our company. Our services focus on international development and include monitoring and evaluation, capacity and organisational development, technical assistance, policy advice, development of management guidelines at policy, programme and project level, and studies, surveys and analyses – all services covering a broad variety of sectors and themes.