Blumont is seeking to recruit a short term (up to 90 days) technical consultant to support in the development of a proposal to respond to USAID Resilience in the Sahel Enhanced (RISE) II’s Resilience and Natural Resources Management Activity. This Activity will be implemented in Burkina Faso and/ or Niger and will address water security, land sustainable management and use, and management of risks, shocks and stresses.
The Technical Consultant will work closely with the proposal technical lead and manager, as well as other resource persons involved in proposal development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work in compliance with Blumont’s business development processes including participation in kick off and solution design sessions, development of win themes, differentiators, and color team reviews to develop a winning proposal.
- Support in capture efforts including participating in capture trip(s) to Senegal, Burkina Faso and/or Niger.
- Identify and facilitate partnerships and communications with local, regional and international stakeholders.
- Support in the development of the proposal, including research and writing.
- Provide relevant and innovative solutions, and technically sound and current information to help shape project design for this Activity.
- Provide technical input for cross-cutting issues including women and youth, and governance.
- Support in the identification of key personnel to be included in the proposal.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the proposal technical lead pertaining to this opportunity.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong technical writing skills and a graduate degree in international development, natural resource management or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in the field of natural resource management, water security.
- Proven track record of writing successful proposals for USAID-funded projects.
- Work experience in West Africa, preferably in Burkina Faso and/or Niger.
- Knowledge of the institutional set up and stakeholders of the water and natural resources management in target countries highly desirable.
- Fluency in French is a must.
- Ability to travel to the field is a must.
Blumont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, Teach America and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Blumont, a charitable, non-profit, non-governmental organization, focuses its operations in regions of the world that present social, political and technical challenges. Blumont specializes in facilitating and supporting assistance that is tailored specifically to those most in need. Blumont works in collaboration with a wide range of organizations in the design and implementation of humanitarian relief and development aid programs, including U.S. and foreign government agencies, bilateral and international donor organizations, international finance organizations, faith-based organizations, advocacy groups, international and local NGOs, and U.S. corporations. Blumont's mission is to reduce the suffering of the world’s most vulnerable groups and provide tools and resources needed to increase their self-sufficiency. We accomplish our mission by implementing targeted cost-effective relief and development programs that improve the lives of these vulnerable groups