Ensure the successful implementation of USAID’s flagship MOVING INTEGRATED, QUALITY MATERNAL, NEWBORN, AND CHILD HEALTH AND FAMILY PLANNING AND REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH (MNCH/FP/RH) SERVICES TO Scale (MOMENTUM) project. Provide programmatic leadership critical to achievement of project objectives by managing technical advisors in the areas of family planning, reproductive health, maternal, newborn and child health, and resilience assuring quality, impact and cost effectiveness of the project. Assemble and motivate a team of global and local staff and short-term-advisors. Promote an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect. Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
- Keep Christ central in individual and corporate life. Actively participate in and contribute to the spiritual disciplines of the organization (Christian conduct, devotions, chapel, prayer, worship); incorporate WV Core Values into decisions within scope of role.
- Coordinate and oversee successful technical implementation of the MOMENTUM program.
- Organize and direct the work of global and local technical staff and short-term advisors. Provide supervision, training and performance appraisals.
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems. Submit timely accurate, and professional program reports that meet donor.
- Ensure proper technical capacity of staff to successfully implement project objectives.
- Help Manage grant/project budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to USAID.
- Ensure grant/project expenses are reasonable, allocable, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure clean A-133 audits.
- Liaise with donor and host government officials, local communities, and other organizations as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as a member of a team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain awareness of corporate goals, objectives, organizational announcements, and activities. Reference and follow organizational policies and procedures, seeking clarity as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Master’s degree preferred. In addition to education, requires a minimum of five years of experience in a specified sector to include assessment, evaluation and project design. Experience as a chief of party or senior expert advisor required. Proven ability to manage technical assistance teams. Requires knowledge of and familiarity with US Government international assistance program requirements, preferably USAID and/or other bilateral funding agencies. Requires experience managing sub-grants and contracts under grants for complex projects. Position based overseas in assigned rural area development program. Extensive travel required.
Apply online at:
About the Organization
We are a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the root causes of poverty and injustice.
Working in nearly 100 countries around the world, we serve all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.