World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,950 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
*Preferred position location: United Kingdom. Other position locations to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
As the Technical Director for Emergency Logistics and Prepositioning, you will contribute to the overall impact of World Vision International (WVI)’s disaster response operations by ensuring that WVI has the appropriate logistics and pre-positioning staff, systems, supplies and other capacities in place to respond in a timely, effective and efficient way to all types of disasters.
You will be responsible for leadership of the Emergency Logistics and Pre-positioning team, which in turn manages the Logistics and Procurement function in large-scale emergency response, manages WVI’s global network of supply depots and potential suppliers, builds logistics surge capacity, maintains relationships with key stakeholders within the humanitarian system (NGOs, UN, donors), as well as in the private sector, military and academia, and ensures that the policies and systems needed to manage to deliver these services in an accountable manner are in place.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Graduate Diploma in Business (Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Logistics) or equivalent.
- Up to 10 years experience working in Emergency Logistics and Supply Chain functional areas (Procurement, Warehousing, Air, Sea Land transport, Last mile distribution, Pre-positioning, Customs Clearance, Airlift Operations management, Civ-Mil liaison, Radio Communications, Supply Chain Management, facilities and Fleet management).
- Extensive knowledge and skills in leading and developing Integrated Emergency Logistics, Supply Chain, Procurement and capability at an organizational level.
- CAHLM (Certificate in Applied Humanitarian Logistics Management) is a minimum requirement.
- CPL (Certified Practising Logistician) or equivalent. CILT (International Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport) certified registered. Registered with IHL (International Humanitarian Logistics association).
- National / Federal or INTERPOL Police Clearance required.
- WVI Hostile Environment Awareness Training or recognized equivalent.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time - the position holder must be ready to deploy to Category III-Global responses and Sustained Humanitarian Responses (the largest and most complex) anywhere in the world.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 16 MAR 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.