FHI360’s Education in Emergencies (EiE) Team is housed within the Global Education Department. With a burgeoning portfolio, team members must move quickly, accurately, and work in symphony with colleagues and other units. The EiE team seeks an experienced Technical Officer III to manage and provide expert support into technical elements of large, high-profile projects in conflict, crisis, and fragile contexts.
Provides technical support and guidance to staff and partners in the region and in country offices. Implements and monitors technical strengthening initiatives. Develops adoption and/or training strategy, designs and conducts training or adoption activities for a specific technical area. Creates scientific and technical material in area of expertise. Assists and gives guidance with development of proposals. Works with communities and partners to maximize local capacity. Evaluates programmatic effectiveness and provides technical assessment reports.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Provides technical support in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and interventions for EiE contexts.
- Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Communicates clearly with other units at FHI360 relevant to achieving results, Crisis Response, Regional Units, etc.
- Writes and edits technical reports and documents.
- Assists with publications, web pages, and presentations.’
- Conducts searches of published literature on evolving issues in assigned technical area.
- Monitors and maintains protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports.
- Responds to requests and inquiries from internal and external staff.
- Develops or writes technical briefs, reports, or other necessary materials to facilitate research, best practices, policies and procedures.
- Assists with the implementation of research studies by monitoring and documenting processes.
- Conducts analysis of program implementation to identify areas for improvement and propose appropriate technical strategy and guidelines.
- Prepares reports and papers summarizing project results.
- Delivers presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
- Ensures project implementation adheres to company strategy and remains technically sound.
- Provides leadership and team building at the task level.
- Leads the design, development, planning, and implementation of global level innovative technical strategies.
- Coordinates technical aspects of projects and liaises with the regional unit in order to achieve goals.
- Ensures reports are submitted in a timely way to donors and are aligned with budget and costing;
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on an array of different donor requirements
- Develops strategies and tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
- Analyzes data sets and technical assessment findings.
- Develops and monitors work plans.
- Provides leadership and team building at the project level.
- Serves as company liaison to external organizations at professional meetings and conferences as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with providing technical support for teaching and learning interventions in crisis and conflict contexts;
- Knowledge of the entities and stakeholders engaged in EiE contexts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated program/project management skills.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors, and prepare reports.
- Ability to problem solve and implements corrective action as needed.
- Masters’ Degree or its International Equivalent in Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typically requires 8+ years of managing data collection and technical assistance experience in education in emergencies and conflict zones.
- Proficiency with database management software and on-line search tools required.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; French preferred.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), foundations, bi-lateral, and multi-lateral donors.
Technology to be Used:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-40 lbs.
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
About the Organization
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.