AIHSP is seeking a Technical Program Manager (Animal Health) that will become the key focal point for technical engagement with the Government of Indonesia on behalf of AIHSP in order to strengthen the Indonesian Government’s capacity in animal health, veterinary public health and development of One Health capacity in Indonesia.
The Technical Program Manager (Animal Health) will provide technical and engagement support to the AIHSP Animal Health and Epidemiology Adviser in developing and delivering workplans in animal health, veterinary public health and coordinating activities to support the development of One Health capacity in Indonesia. The position will report to the Team Leader and work closely with the Animal Health and Epidemiology Adviser.
This role will also:
- Work with the AIHSP Animal Health and Epidemiology Adviser to provide technical advice and guidance to the Ministry of Agriculture (MoA) with a focus on Directorate General of Livestock and Animal Health (particularly the Directorates of Animal Health and Veterinary Public Health), as well as Veterinary Research Center (BBLitvet), Indonesian Agriculture Quarantine Agency (IAQA), the International Cooperation Bureau and Agriculture Extension and Human Resources Development Agency (BPPSDMP)
- Engage with MoA to set up the meetings, workshops and discussion groups required to design and implement project activities; facilitate discussions to identify problems and how best these might be addressed
- Lead the development and implementation of a sub-national program of activities to strengthen animal health and One Health delivery at province, district and field levels
- Support the development of coordination and collaboration with cross government ministries and agencies, including MoH, MoEF, MoHA, Kemenko PMK, Bappenas and BNPB
- Support technical input to the Program Coordinating Committee (PCC) and the Program Steering Committee (PSC) Animal Health
- Work with the AIHSP team to develop coherent One Health plans and activities to support their timely and effective delivery
- Monitor overall activity progress against agreed targets, milestones, and outputs
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the AIHSP Animal Health and Epidemiology Adviser or the Team Leader
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: https://www.cardno.com/media/6163/tor-technical-program-manager-animal-health.pdf
You will be a motivated and proactive Program Manager with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- A tertiary qualification in veterinary science, animal production or related field. Additional postgraduate qualifications would be considered an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of program management experience in international agencies on development projects, preferably those funded by the Australian government.
- Sound understanding of animal health, veterinary public health and One Health issues in Indonesia
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills including dealing both directly and indirectly with government officials and other development partners at various levels.
- Effective written and spoken communicator with competence in drafting documents and training materials
- Fluent English and Indonesian oral and written communication skills.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office and other IT applications in common usage
- Possess initiative, reliability, and honesty.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively in a diverse, fast-paced environment, and to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
This is a mid-level manager position. Successful Indonesian nationals will be engaged under a local contract in IDR and will be subject to Indonesian employment regulations and tax obligations.
Why join the AIHSP?
The Australia Indonesia Health Security Partnership (AIHSP) offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining AIHSP, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
How to apply?
A cover letter addressing selection criteria, a recent CV with the names and contact details (email addresses and phone numbers of three (3) referees.
The vacancy closes on Wednesday, 5 August 2020.
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks
About the Organization
Cardno is a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) manages a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Partnering with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.