The Project Proposal Writer is part of a pool of experts working on a case by case basis towards the development of new programmes and proposals. The Project Proposal Writer will work directly with our acquisition team in our Belgrade Office.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Support efforts by SPARK field offices in the MENA region to develop and write new project proposals in the fields of SME development and higher (vocational) education, both in response to open tenders as well as unsolicited applications;
- Provide services in proposal writing and budgeting for bids for non-government contracts and grants.
- Prepare work plans for proposals (the production schedules), and review these with the proposal team.
Requirements and Skills:
- Excellent oral and written language skills in English and/or Arabic other languages (such as French) are an asset;
- Awareness of relevant funding schemes from bi-lateral donors and current funding opportunities;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in SME development or higher and vocational education;
- Good knowledge of project development, particularly project proposal writing (LFA methodology);
- Proven track record in successful programme / project writing and acquisition from mayor institutional donors and specifically bi-lateral European governments
- Good presentation and networking skills and the ability to work independently. The position particularly requires an entrepreneurial and results-oriented approach
- Good inter-cultural communication and social skills;
- International and dynamic working environment.
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with a resume and a motivation letter (in English) including financial proposal to email@example.com until 21 May 2018. For questions please contact Verica Koracevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +381 (0)11 3285851 reference The Project Proposal Writer.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
About the Organization
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.