TRAINING MODULE WRITERS
The Provincial Road Improvement and Maintenance Program (PRIM) aims to improve the way local governments manage and maintain road networks in their jurisdiction on a sustainable basis, raise network quality, improve road safety, increase provincial and district budgeting for road maintenance and encourage public scrutiny of the effectiveness of maintenance planning and delivery. The main objectives of PRIM are to:
- Strengthen the institutional capacities and standards for better maintenance of the existing road network within the provincial and local government, and
- Develop a sustainable model for using conditional grants to incentivize better governance, quality and value-for-money in maintaining local roads.
PRIM commenced in the province of Nusa Tenggara Barat (NTB) in 2013, initially concentrating on the provincial road management and extended to a pilot district government unit, West Lombok Kabupaten. It is designed to improve regional government performance in the planning, preparation, management and implementation of road maintenance through a ‘carrot and stick’ approach of using output-based grants to incentivize quality improvements and increased public scrutiny to increase accountability. The model has successfully leveraged significant improvements in local government performance in road maintenance, not only by focusing on technical aspects, but also on governance, management, transparency and professionalism of all partner organisations involved.
AECOM has been engaged as the PRIM Project Implementation Unit Consultant (PIUC) since 2015, providing support to the implementing parties including support in preparing engineering designs and bid documents, while carrying out training and institutional strengthening activities and providing institutional support to the maintenance works program across the Province of West Nusa Tenggara.
AECOM manages all functions required to implement PRIM PIUC activities including providing technical, managerial, and administrative support. The 2018 PRIM PIUC work program will include the development, delivery and refinement of a series of PRIM Training Modules.
We are seeking expressions of interest for 2 x Training Module Writers who will be responsible to perform the following tasks:
- Work with the PRIM PIUC team to develop the structure of the curriculum for the specified training topics
- Work with the PRIM PIUC team to develop the training framework
- Write specific training modules based on the standard of Peraturan KaLAN
- Develop power point presentations, teaching media and other supporting materials for the training modules
- Write training guidelines for the specified training topics
To be considered for this role, you will need to have a degree in Education, Engineering or any other relevant disciplines. Demonstrated experience in writing training modules, using the Peraturan KaLAN standard is preferred. Familiar with road infrastructure work and terminologies, demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as well as demonstrated good communication and interpersonal skills.
Your application will need to include:
- A cover letter and signed CV, including a declaration that the information provided is true and correct
- Names and contact details for two referees
- Please be advised that the successful applicant will be required to undertake a police clearance
Application close Wednesday, 20 June 2018
AECOM Services Pty Ltd is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.
Women are encouraged to apply
Australian Aid – managed by AECOM Services Pty Ltd on behalf of Indonesia Australia Partnership for Infrastructure