*Preferred position location: Ontario, Canada. Other locations to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 40,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Urban Programming Advisor, you will work closely with the Urban Programming Technical Director to progress WV’s Transformational Development mandate in urban contexts, stable and fragile. You will work directly to support and provide technical guidance to Field, Regional and Support Offices, Global Capitals and select Global Centre teams to improve our impact on the most vulnerable children, youth and families in urban contexts.
- Master’s degree in international development, community development, urban planning and management, urbanism, social sciences or any related field.
- Minimum of 5 years-experience in International Development and Urban Programming, including at least 2 years direct field experience involving programme related work.
- Direct programming experience in complex urban contexts.
- Rich, diverse background in multiple sectors in urban environments.
- Experience in working in violent/fragile cities and/or on peace building and conflict sensitivity in urban environments in developing countries.
- Proven cultural sensitivity and political / social astuteness of complex urban settings.
- Proven expertise in written and verbal communication in English.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 25 June 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.