Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. Palladium is actively seeking candidates for the anticipated USAID/Kosovo Developing Export-led Growth in Kosovo activity. This activity will facilitate Kosovo’s private sector to become more competitive in local, regional, and international markets, promoting export-led growth. The anticipated objectives for this activity are: to increase exports through improved Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) sophistication and market knowledge and linkages, to develop a skilled workforce to better meet private sector needs, and to expand access to finance in order to enhance firms’ growth and productivity.
The DFA will provide overall management of project finances, operations, administration, logistics, procurement, human resources, and budgeting, with the goal of ensuring that the program is implemented in accordance with USAID and Palladium rules, regulations and procedures. Supervision will range in scope from daily oversight of various aspects of project operations, including procurements and budgeting to working with senior technical leadership to ensure that the project has effective systems in place to facilitate timely and responsive management of all duties assigned. Specific duties:
- Oversee and ensure sound management of human resources, financial management, procurement and grants functions for the project
- Supervise project accounting and operational staff
- Oversee implementation of all operational systems as per USAID and Palladium requirements
- Ensure accurate tracking and recording of project expenditures and development of all required financial, operational and risk mitigation reports required by the client or Palladium headquarters
- Guide and assist program staff in preparing, revising and monitoring budgets for ongoing activities
- Conduct internal travel to conduct due diligence, risk management and training as required
- Advanced formal training or education in accounting, financial management, business administration, or related disciplines
- Experience in the administrative and financial oversight of USAID-funded projects in Kosovo or Balkans region
- Proven experience managing procurements, compliance systems, and regular financial reporting under USAID contracts, working knowledge of Federal and USAID Acquisition Regulations (FAR and AIDAR)
- Proactive problem-solving, decision making and good judgement skills
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to manage and protect confidential information
- A high attention to detail and ability to effectively perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers, colleagues, service providers, and clients
- Excellent written and oral communication in English