Job DescriptionVice President, Exchange Programs
AMIDEAST is the leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training, and development activities exclusively in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). We offer generous paid leave and a great 401k with up to 6% matching.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), incumbent will participate in and present at the weekly SLT meetings; review, plan, and execute organizational policies and activities; participate in strategic planning; and motivate and lead staff to work together to accomplish the organization’s objectives.
Incumbent will provide overall supervision and guidance to staff in the Exchange programs division, including the following:
- Plans, reviews and enforces AMIDEAST organizational strategy and activities as they relate to the Exchange program division and as a member of the senior executive staff
- Oversees and directs activities and operations, including staff hiring and training; budget planning, analysis and accountability; fundraising and project proposal development; and development of marketing and public relations documents
- Develops of mechanisms to promote cross-project sharing and inter-project relationships, maintains productive relationship with program sponsors, while ensuring financial and programmatic reports to program sponsors are produced and adhere to program requirements
- Provides oversite and is the responsible party for the success of the Fulbright Foreign Students Program, the Kennedy Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Program (YES), and the Alumni Relations development initiative
- Oversees recruitment efforts for the YES program and the Tomorrow’s Leaders programs
- As AMIDEAST’s Responsible Officer for the J visa, provide annual reporting to DOS on J usage, apply for re-designation of AMIDEAST’s J programs, provide annual certification of RO/AROs, and update staff and field offices on new SEVIS and Department of Homeland Security regulations
- Assist the Business Development staff with proposal development for projects with participant exchange academic/training components
- Represents AMIDEAST to ECA, MEPI and at professional meetings/conference and keeps exchange program staff and country directors updated on information affecting exchange programs, immigration, NAFSA and ALLIANCE news
- Communicates and maintain liaison with AMIDEAST field offices, representatives of U.S. universities, embassy officials, donors, and other organizational representatives
- Assumes other special activities and responsibilities from time-to-time
- Remains current on changes within the industry through publications and continuing education
- Projects a qualified and cooperative attitude, maintains high ethical standards of confidentiality when representing AMIDEAST to ensure a professional representation at all times
- Master’s degree in relevant field: education, international relations, Middle East studies, business administration, etc.
- 15+ years of relevant senior level education program management experience
- 10+ years of experience in education program management, scholarship management, and/or University relations in an international environment
- Experience managing USAID projects or other federal contracting projects
- Proposal-writing experience
- Familiarity with the Middle East and North Africa regions
- Strong organizational, supervisory, and management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written English language and communication skills
- Competency in the Office 365 environment
- Excellent research and editing skills, strong attention to detail skills, and excellent organizational skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must possess problem-solving skills, be a self-starter and a team player
- Requires an ability to work independently and accept responsibility
- Arabic and/or French language skills
Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to http://jobs.amideast.org
AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
About the Organization
AMIDEAST is a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa.
Founded in 1951, AMIDEAST in its early years focused on promoting U.S. study to students in the MENA region and managing U.S. scholarships and exchanges such as the flagship Fulbright Foreign Student Program. While these important programs continue apace, our work has expanded significantly.
Today AMIDEAST programs and services touch the lives of half a million individuals a year – improving educational opportunities and quality, strengthening local institutions, and developing language and professional skills critical for success in the global economy.