Devex is assisting a nonprofit organization dedicated to working with developing countries to improve their public health capabilities, in their search for a Vice President of Technical Services.
Summary of Position
The Vice President of Technical Services is a member of the Executive Leadership Team who will provide visionary leadership to shape, guide, and implement the organization’s technical agenda. Reporting to the President, The VP will advance the organization’s core capabilities in health systems, health services, and social and crosscutting focus areas to accelerate progress towards universal health coverage.
- Stays abreast of the evolving technical priorities, evidence, and trends in global health and positions the organization for success
- Executes technical vision and strategy to grow programming and impact globally and at country level by influencing systems change and through multilateral and private sector engagement
- Creates robust knowledge management systems and effective cross organizational sharing of lessons, best practices, and technical expertise across the organization
- Advocates for a multisectoral approach to achieving health and development goals
- Offers top-of-line support technically to the organization’s global and bilateral projects
The VP, Technical Services will be responsible for developing capacity of staff members to ensure the organization remains a provider of state-of-the-art technical assistance. The VP will oversee internal communities of practices designed to foster knowledge sharing and learning.
- Oversees training programs on priority skills needed to effectively deliver on the technical agenda
- Develops and applies measures to track improvements in innovation and the skills sustaining them
- Creates communities of practices to help personnel generate ideas, to support best practices, to promote open innovation, and to ultimately increase impact
- Introduces group tools and processes that inspire innovative thinking
- Builds and fosters the development of a strong technical leadership team
The VP, Technical Services will utilize 21st century approaches that are fit-for-purpose with the current ever-evolving development landscape, including multisectoral approaches. The VP will contribute to business development, including by growing opportunities in new markets, through close collaboration with governments, private sector entities, multilateral institutions, donors, philanthropists, and coalitions.
- Leads new product and technical services initiatives
- Identifies new market spaces and cultivates innovative ways of working by applying cutting-edge financial models, by adopting multisectoral approaches, and by effective partnering
- Forges partnerships with government, private sector, donors and philanthropists to implement the technical agenda
The VP, Technical Services will be a renowned thought leader who represents the organization at the highest level.
- Provides inspirational leadership through technically sound presentations and publications
- Positions the organization to be recognized as one of the foremost authorities in health systems and services, resulting in it being the go-to organization for technical assistance
- Generates a large body of content and evidence on health systems and services topics that can be adapted to local contexts and/or replicated or scaled to deliver high impact results
An MD or PhD in public health or clinical studies and 15 or more years of experience in the international development sector with a vast record of providing technical expertise on health systems and service delivery projects, highly preferred, or a related Master’s degree and at least 18 years of relevant work experience. S/he will also have at least 10 years of supervisory experience.
Summary of Benefits
The ideal candidate will be highly knowledgeable about global health. S/he will be a talented team builder, a courageous visionary, a skilled communicator, and possess a high aptitude for working cross-culturally. S/he exhibits demonstrated integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for the organization’s mission. A MD or higher education degree in public health or clinical studies highly preferred.
The organization is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers, so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.