A successful grant is the result of a combination of thorough research, an excellent proposal, and a well-matched funding source. The preliminary proposal research is thorough and covers every detail of the project from start to finish.
The Grant Writer will research prospective funders and find an organization that would be interested in the project type. The proposal is tailored to each funding organization prior to submission. The applicant follows all of the funding agency’s writing guidelines when creating the proposal and submitting the proposal application by the deadline.
This position requires someone who has excellent research, writing, and communication skills, is self-motivated, reliable, organized, thorough and timely. This is a volunteer position.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Provide support to the CEO for meetings with donors.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
- Coordinate and follow-up on the progress of submitted proposals
- Lead proposal generation process and response to RFPs, Pre-Qualification, Bidding and formal presentations.
- Develop materials showing progress of programs for donor updates and ongoing communications.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Write and maintain correspondence including concept notes, proposals, reports, and introductions.
- University Degree in creative writing or related field.
- Knowledge in research and grant writing; nonprofit experience a plus
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies. Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized
- Clear, precise and compelling writing skills
- Motivated self starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- High proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
HOW TO APPLY: CV must be sent to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.