Why Join IntraHealth?
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked for over 40 years in over 100 countries. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
IntraHealth’s programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth is seeking an experienced Vice President of Human Resources. The VP of human resources (VP HR) is responsible for leading, developing and executing IntraHealth’s global human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. Specific dynamic focus areas and global expertise are in succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, benefits and compensation. The VPHR provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the executive management team, and the board of directors.
HR Operations (30%)
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support IntraHealth’s mission and strategic vision
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit or Center regarding key organizational and management issues
- Oversee and develop HR policies for all offices, countries, regions
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function
Talent Acquisition (20%)
- Develop strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital and global workforce planning needs of strategic organizational goals
- Craft talent acquisition strategies to build strong pipelines for future hiring needs
- Promote inclusion and diversity in the workplace and reinforce IntraHealth’s position as an equal opportunity employer
- Ensure our hiring, onboarding and management procedures are effective for diverse and inclusive groups
Talent Management (20%)
- Evaluate, design and implement training and development programs
- Implement Talent Management initiatives
- Facilitate Talent Reviews and Succession Plans
- Formulate career development plans
Total Rewards (30%)
- Provide strategic and operational leadership in the design, development, implementation, administration, and communication of our Total Rewards programs including health, welfare, wellness, retirement, base pay, incentives, and other rewards.
- Maintain Total Rewards philosophy and supporting policies and practices.
- Partner with leadership to leverage compensation and benefits programs to meet organizational objectives.
- Analyse the market competitiveness and cost-effectiveness of our compensation and benefit plans to ensure they optimize our ability to attract and retain top talent.
- Oversee the development and management of our HRIS systems to enhance our HR reporting/analytics capabilities.
- Maintain current knowledge of related government rules and regulations, including the Employee Retirement Income Security act (ERISA), FLSA, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, OSHA, Worker’s Compensation, and other applicable Labor and/or Tax laws and regulations; fulfils compliance and reporting requirements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Ability to travel locally and internationally approximately 25% of the time
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day
- Requires lifting of 0-10 lbs. occasionally or as needed
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
About the OrganizationDedicated to strengthening health workers and the systems that support them, IntraHealth International has served the public health needs of developing countries for 30 years. We bring about positive change by harnessing the potential of technology, valuing the power of partnership, and maintaining a sharp focus on the health worker. To help close the gap in access to health care we have developed and share a depth of expertise in:
•Health workforce and systems strengthening
•Health worker training and performance
•Maternal, newborn and child health
•Family planning and reproductive health
•HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis prevention, treatment and care
•Malaria prevention and treatment
Founded in 1979 as the Intrah program at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine, IntraHealth incorporated as an independent nonprofit organization in 2003. We have worked in more than 75 countries throughout our history, and currently have programs in over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Eurasia. Our work is funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, Pfizer, Inc., the Tides Foundation, and by individual contributors.
IntraHealth’s main office is in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. We also have offices in Washington, DC, Armenia, Ethiopia, Guatemala, India, Kenya, Lesotho, Mali, Namibia, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Southern Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
More Jobs from this Organization