Global Communities is seeking a WASH Field Coordinator to serve as a primary liaison between Project and local stakeholders on the anticipated Millennium Challenge Corp (MCC) funded Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Project. The goal of this project is to address pending water, sanitation, and hygiene issues in identified local communities, increasing capacity in communities to address their own development priorities.
This project will be part of the Millennium Challenge Account-Liberia (MCA-L) programs in the Mount Coffee Reservoir catchment area. The goal of those programs is to protect the quality and quantity of water that enters the reservoir.
The WASH Field Coordinator will serve as a primary liaison between the Project and local stakeholders and will be familiar with capacity-building, behavior change and infrastructure components of the Project. They will interact with local stakeholders and residents to facilitate implementation of all aspects of the WASH Project in the field.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
* Spend three (3) weeks per month conducting field coordination visits to the various local stakeholders,
* Coordinate, facilitate, and contribute to the field work of other Project staff ensuring smooth and integrated implementation of the different Project work streams - monthly stakeholder engagement plans are put together and implemented,
* Under guidance of other project staff provide support and mentoring to key stakeholders - e.g. WASH committee members, natural leaders, Community Health Volunteers,
* As necessary coordinate activities in the field with GoL representatives - e.g. district representatives, Health Center staff,
* As necessary coordinate activities in the field with other ongoing development projects - e.g. MCA-L CBNRM project, CLTS Natural Leaders network, faith-based programs,
* Plan and coordinate and facilitate any community networking activities including celebrations,
* Provide clear and timely communication and information exchange between Project and local Stakeholders,
* Ensure that communities are mobilized to participate in and provide required inputs to the WASH Project,
* Manage and facilitate the production of WASH Action plans by all stakeholder entities.
* Higher National Diploma (HND) or Associate Degree (AA) with an applicable field of study - rural development, public health,
* At least 4 years of experience as a field extensionist or coordinator for a rural development project in rural West Africa, preferably Liberia,
* At least 2 years of experience in a rural WASH program, preferably one that involved CLTS,
* Demonstrated capacity to organize and coordinate different Project interventions at the community and regional level including training, infrastructure, community meetings, planning,
* Basic computer skills for reporting,
* Fluency in spoken English,
* Fluency in Liberian English (Koloqua/Coloqua).
Local citizens are strongly encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted