Share Big Dreams
At World Vision, we’re sharing a big dream for children. One that moves beyond just clean water or food or healthcare to offer a full solution to poverty. We want children to have everything they need to thrive, both physically and spiritually, so they can experience the kind of life God intends—life in all its fullness. View our “Who We Are” clip here.
We want the same for our staff: big dreams, a career of significance, and fullness of life. Share your experience so you can share a full life with children in need.
World Vision is looking for a WASH Senior Technical Advisor - WASH
Serve as the lead technical expert for the sector (WASH) and position World Vision as a leader in innovative sector responses. Represent World Vision’s programming in the sector to major public and private donors, NGOs, universities and other professional organizations. Secure critical public and private funding resources as well as in build and strengthen partnerships with donors and other agencies. Primary clients for this position are WVUS’ IPG RDM resource teams (60%), other IPG teams (10%), WVI National offices and Global Center (30%). Provide technical assistance and capacity building support for the sector for WV Partnership initiatives and WV-US sponsorship programs and initiatives. Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
Acquisition and Management: Responsible for acquiring funding (grants) from US government agencies, selected foundations, selected individual donors >$250,000 per grant to increase ministry reach/coverage of quality and high-impact of sector programs (50% of time).
- Responsible to lead in sector-specific support to acquisition of USG and foundation grants and support to private program funding (PNSF >$250,000).
- Write pertinent technical sections of complex, high-value proposals
- Identify and assess a range of funding opportunities in collaboration with RAM teams, Program Effectiveness and Integration (PEI), and Donor Engagement (DE) and contribute to development and institutionalization of integrated financial resource streams and cross-sectoral programming.
- Contribute to project and proposal development, standard-setting, tools development for capacity building, and setting and monitoring of milestones.
- Review and provide sectoral feedback on implementation reports for public and foundation-funded grants.
- Participate in the technical oversight of multi-country or multi-regional grant-funded projects and portfolios, including standard setting, tools development, capacity building, and monitoring and evaluation.
Global Technical Expertise:
Provide sector-specific technical expertise to WVI Global Centre, regional and national offices (up to 30%)
- Participate in WV Partnership working groups in the design, development, revision, dissemination and promotion of WV sector strategies, standards, guidelines, working papers, tools, and training materials.
- Provide strategic input and support to WVUS/the Partnership in developing/reviewing appropriate policies and programmatic coordination for sector-specific policy implementation
- Participate in the documentation of proven models, emerging/promising practices, as well as best practices.
- Provide technical assistance to regional and national office staff in designing and implementation of sector-specific programming.
- Participate in the Global Technical Resource Network (GTRN)
- Foster organizational learning to promote technical excellence
Technical Support to PIC and Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs (HEA):
Provide sector-specific technical support to WVUS’ IPG’s PIC team (10-15%)
- Provide sectoral advice on standards for LEAP-compliant ADP design redesign and HEA USG-funded programming.
- Provide strategic technical guidance to regional teams on sector-specific issues to ensure that promising practices, new developments, and lessons learned are incorporated into programming.
- Provide operational frameworks, strategies and mechanisms for programming with the field.
Cultivate and strengthen strategic partnerships with various donor agencies and institutions (USG federal agencies, selected foundations, multilateral agencies, corporations, and academic and research institutions), locally and internationally, to increase our ministry (10%)
- Participate in sector-related global/regional networks and working groups
- Represent WVUS to external agencies, international organizations and donors
- Advocate with partners, locally and internationally, to push forward the agenda for sector-specific funding and programming
- Cultivate and strengthen public-private partnerships with various development and private agencies and stakeholders.
- Build WV’s reputation in the field by presenting at sector conferences and workshops
- Keep Christ central in our individual and corporate lives. Attend and participate in the leadership of devotions, weekly Chapel services, and regular prayer.
- Master’s degree required. Doctoral level preferred.
- International programming work experience, related professional experience, or research institution experience required; 6 years.
- Must be able to establish strong relationships cross culturally. Proven work experience securing and/or managing significant funding from institutional donors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in a language other than English preferred.
- Deep technical knowledge in one sector is required.
- Standard office environment.
- Domestic and international travel, up to 40% of the time.