Summary: Pathfinder, who has for the past few years hired webmasters on an external contract basis to maintain our web presence, has grown where our online presence requires a more active and strategic engagement. Our website, built on WordPress, has shifted to be the primary source of information for our donors, and our online fundraising efforts have dramatically grown. To be effective now, Pathfinder seeks a webmaster who will work closely with our digital marketing and development teams. As Pathfinder’s first in-house webmaster you will guide, support, and implement Pathfinder’s external website, pathfinder.org. Our increasing engagement with millennials and younger donors is particularly exciting. As a key team member, you will help Pathfinder set a new path in a more expansive, inclusive digital sphere.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Governance of the Pathfinder website and related systems. Work with matrixed team to:Develop, maintain, and implement governance plan. Develop, maintain, and implement relevant policies, procedures, and service level agreements.
- Operational support of the Pathfinder website and related systems. Work with matrixed team to: Keep Pathfinder’s website and related systems online, responsive, and relevant. Keep related tools and linkages (CRM, CMS, DNS, Analytics, etc.) operational and responsive. Ensure that Pathfinder’s content, fundraising interactions, and online CRM work across the platforms our users will employ (i.e. common web browsers, common operating systems, mobile platforms). Monitor and respond to issues in a timely fashion, including afterhours support of our global web presence. Work with and manage vendor relationships. Respond to and manage requests, issues, and problems as they arrive. Maintain responsive design. You will be required to stay current with the web’s latest technologies and make sure the site and its products are always mobile-friendly and multi-platform ready. Serve as technical resource to other communities as assigned. Provides guidance and training to new and existing staff members on internet-related applications and operations
- Strategic and operational planning for the Pathfinder website and related systems. Work with matrixed team to: Match Pathfinder’s communications, development, and advocacy needs to relevant designs, technology, workflows, and roles. Manage website related projects large and small including: redesigns, security and functional improvements, mandated changes
- Reporting and metrics for the Pathfinder website and related systems: Ensure that Pathfinder’s website and related systems produce the relevant information and metrics to accurately and meaningfully produce key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure our impact and success
- Day-one tasks and problem solving including but not limited to as other new features may arise: Adding multiple authors on our blog. Adding filters to the home and subsequent pages. Adding translation functionality (French, Spanish, and Portuguese). Enhancing pages to showcase the impact and legacy of some of our flagship projects in a manner that raises visibility and funds.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Experience with the setup and operation of web analytics systems (i.e. Google Analytics)
- Experience with e-commerce or not for profit transactional systems
- Understanding of payment card industry (PCI) compliance
- Experience with dynamic web publishing systems (i.e. Word Press)
- Experience with roles-based content management systems (CMS)
- Experience with donor relations and customer relations management systems
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and other relevant tools
- Experience with relevant server, networking, and security technologies including: Webservers (Apache, iis, etc.), Relational Database Servers, DNS, redirects, Load Balancers, HA, SSL, Certificate Based Encryption, Cloud Services, Convio, Tableau, ARCGIS (desirable)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as projects require
- Ability to work extended days and/or weekends as assigned
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as highly effective interpersonal and customer service skills, required. Must be able to handle multiple and tight deadlines
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Advanced analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using local language and English language
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned program, including program strategies and indicators
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Proven ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- BS or BA in information systems or related field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Work experience with a multinational organization.
- Travel required (5% or less)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
About the Organization
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.