Youth Engagement Program Coordinator
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program,
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative with the objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anti-corruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption, including rejection by youth corruption as a social norm.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position**
Under the leadership of the Youth Engagement Program Manager (YEPM), the Youth Engagement Program Coordinator (YEPC) will contribute to designing and implementing activities under SACCI Objective Area 3 (Public tolerance of corrupt practices reduced) Expected Result 3.2 (Youth increasingly reject corruption as social norm). The YEPС will be responsible for implementation of activities aimed at reducing public tolerance of corrupt practices and engaging more youth in anti-corruption activities, including through effective communication, such as social media marketing, and improved education. They will manage relevant grants and contribute to cooperation with civil society organizations and youth groups, international donors and projects as well as with governmental partner institutions like the Ministry of Education and Science, the Ministry of Youth and Sports, the National Agency for Corruption Prevention, and the Educational Ombudsman. The YEPC will report to YEPM on all technical matters and the Civic Engagement and Public Outreach Lead (CEPOL) on administrative matters. This is a long-term technical assistant (LTTA) position.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and cooperation with relevant youth organizations, USG-funded initiatives, and state institutions to engage them in SACCI activities
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and supervision of SACCI’s anti-corruption initiatives for youth in online and offline formats
- Manage grants for youth to support innovative ideas as well as contribute to grant selection procedures
- Collaborate with USAID and other development stakeholders to jointly design and implement anti-corruption programs/activities for engaging youth
- Manage the content of the SACCI website and social media presence to increase outreach to youth
- Supervise SACCI’s social media intern and subcontractors
- Organize and support workshops, trainings, roundtables, and public events for stakeholders to facilitate collaborative learning
- Assist the SACCI programmatic team in designing presentations, speeches, and talks
- Conduct other preparatory work on youth engagement for public events and engagements.
- As needed, initiate and engage in field/site visits to SACCI partner and grantee locations to gather material for reporting and promotional activities.
- Collaborate with the SACCI team on achieving results and reaching targets.
- Implement other relevant activities and tasks as required.
· Higher degree, preferably in public administration, political science, communications, or other relevant areas
· A minimum three years of experience
· Knowledge and experience working on issues related to community engagement in anti-corruption activities such as public awareness and social accountability of youth
· Knowledge and experience in communication with youth through social media and other channels of communication.
· Familiarity with the Ukraine anti-corruption reform agenda and approaches of youth empowerment.
· Experience in working on international technical assistance projects implementation in the field of anti-corruption is a strong asset.
· Prior experience with USAID-funded or other international organization project is considered an asset.
· Highly motivated, energetic, independent and self-starter.
· Ability and willingness to travel within Ukraine.
· Strong communications skills – both oral and written.
· Fluency in Ukrainian and proficiency in English required.
*Deadline for applying for this position – October 7, 2020*
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.