Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Youth Leadership Development Specialist candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded youth leadership program in the Philippines. The Youth Leadership Development Specialist will be based in Manila and will serve as the technical expert/advisor in the design and implementation of interventions for youth leadership in political participation.
Only candidates with Philippine citizenship or residency with work authorization will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Chief of Party, provide technical direction for interventions for youth leadership in political participation
- Develop work plans, lead implementation of activities, and ensure the program adaptively responds to changes in the operating environment to meet the desired objectives
- Manage and supervise a team of technical support staff
- Facilitate inclusive and gender-sensitive processes and approaches, engaging local organizations, institutions, and youth, to design and implement effective activities targeting youth
- Develop and maintain cross-sectoral relationships with key government entities at the national and local level, other donors and implementers, private sector and civil society partners, employers, program beneficiaries, youth leaders, youth groups, and other stakeholders
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluation, and learning; program communications; and program reporting
- Other duties, as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Philippine citizenship or residency with work authorization is required
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in education, sociology, social psychology, or a related field
- A minimum of four (4) years of professional experience in youth development programming
- At least four (4) years of experience with participatory governance or similar work in the Philippines
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills including conflict resolution abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including youth, governments, private sector entities, youth groups, NGOs, donors, etc.
- Strong representational and organizational skills
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individual regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other marginalized status
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Please visit https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oY0xcfwr&s=Devex to submit your CV for consideration.
About the Organization
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.