There is a consensus among those in the aid community that official development assistance alone is not enough to finance development; innovative funding streams definitely have a role to play in addressing the world’s most pressing concerns.
See more stories on impact investing:
● With new CEO, what's next for the Global Impact Investing Network
● Impact Investing 2.0: The evolving social finance landscape
● What's next for impact investing: Definitions, measurement and rising expectations
● Impact investing: What’s in it for your nonprofit?
● How to win funding from impact investors
● 7 impact investing must-reads
One such type of innovative finance that has seen interest grow in recent years is impact investment. But what is it exactly and how does it work?
Impact investments are investing in funds, organizations or companies whose goal is to create a social or environmental impact while still being profitable, Devex Impact Associate Editor Adva Saldinger explains in this video.
Watch the clip above to know more about impact investment, the challenges it faces and what it potentially means for the development landscape.
Join Devex to network with peers, discover talent and forge new partnerships in international development — it’s free. Then sign up for the Devex Impact newsletter to receive cutting-edge news and analysis at the intersection of business and development.