The U.S. Agency for International Development is granting USD359.8 million to support Jordan’s budget and development initiatives in 2010, Jordanian Minister of Planning and International Cooperation Jafar Hassan said.
The funding includes:
- USD163 million for budget support.
- USD54.9 million for trade, investment and job creation.
- USD30 million for water resource management and environment.
- USD22 million for political reforms.
- USD89.95 million for education and health and youth employment.
USAID is providing an additional USD3.2 million to back health projects in Jordan.
The Jordanian government and the Millennium Challenge Corp. will sign a USD275 million grant in October. The U.S. also agreed to extend supplemental economic assistance of USD100 million to the Arab country before the end of 2010, The Jordan Times reports.