Africare’s programs focus on four principal interrelated areas: Agriculture & Food Security, Water & Sanitation, Health & HIV/AIDS, and Emergency Response. The projects formed under these key areas work hand in hand with sub-initiatives like Women’s Empowerment and Environmental Awareness in order to achieve Africare’s mission: To improve the quality of life for the people of Africa.
● Africare’s coverage is among the widest and deepest of any organization working in Africa, representing over 2,500 projects in 36 countries Africa-wide.
● Africare is a leader in development assistance and humanitarian aid to Africa, as well as the oldest and largest African-American led organization in the field.
● Since its founding in 1970, Africare has delivered more than 1 billion in assistance to millions of beneficiaries across the continent.
● Because of our unique and singular focus on Africa, Africare’s staff have unparalleled knowledge of the continent, its challenges and opportunities, and have nurtured valuable relationship with key figures ranging from community leaders and traditional authorities to presidents and prime ministers.
● Africare’s approach places communities at the center of development. We design programs with the active participation of the communities where we work, and form partnerships with local organizations to ensure effective institutional strengthening and capacity building.
Where is Africare