Age Cymru is the leading charity for all older people in Wales. They campaign, they research and they fundraise to make sure they build a better life for all older people. They ensure older people’s voices are heard, they challenge and change attitudes, they fight discrimination wherever they find it and they tackle elder abuse in all its forms.
• They provide confidential, impartial, simple information and advice for free (Services section)
• They help people to claim their entitlements
• They celebrate creativity in later life
• They make physical activity available
• They work to make residential care a positive experience
• They promote healthy living throughout the year
They work to improve the lives of older people. They celebrate ageing and believe it presents unprecedented opportunities and challenges at home and abroad. They challenge ageist prejudice in society:
They help people enjoy a better later life by providing life-enhancing services and vital support.
Their practical services help people stay independent at home and carry on doing the things they love most. They also work to tackle isolation and sustain good health.
They will keep developing products that are specifically designed for people in later life.
They provide services that address market failures, and support the public and private sectors to design age-friendly products and services.
Their network of shops will act as a focal point for the local community, providing information and help with local services.
They provide advice and information through their helplines, publications and online.