Established in 1934 by M. Graham Brash, the Company was acquired by late Mr. R.N. Sachdev, founder Chairman of Allied Publishers in 1947. Thus started a wholly Indian management, under his inspiring stewardship, and began “The journey of a thousand miles…”
Step by step, from humble beginnings, grew an elaborate network of nine branch offices situated in all the metro cities and state capitals, supported by Resident Marketing Executives in major University towns—all equipped with fully computerized systems to offer prompt and efficient service.
The primary objectives of the Company are:
- To provide all types of information published around the world to the Indian customers (both booksellers and end users) as importers, distributors and stockists of foreign publishers.
- To publish and market quality academic (text books and reference books) books for schools, colleges and higher academic institutes.
- Professionally equipped to service the ever expanding needs of the Indian Research Community and Industrial Units through the marketing of specialised information products published by International Societies and International Standards through our Specialised Agency Division (Chennai).
- Provide subscription to e-resources (e-journals, e-books, Archives and Databases) of major International Publishers to Academic Libraries, Research Institutions and Corporates.
- To distribute Indian publishers and Indian priced books throughout India.
- To promote Indian publications abroad as leading Exporters, through our Export Division (New Delhi). See more