American Chamber of Commerce in Tunisia (AmCham Tunisia)
The American Chamber in Tunisia is a nongovernmental organization created in 1989. It is a founding member of the MENA AmCham Council, which groups the chambers of commerce in the Middle East and North Africa.
AmCham’s overall mission is to encourage connections between businessmen/businesswomen and companies in Tunisia and in the United States of America, to develop, in particular, economic and commercial exchanges between the two countries.
To enhance FDI and especially US investment in Tunisia is an equally crucial part of AmCham mission. To achieve its mission, AmCham carries out relevant economic activities such as leading business delegations to US fairs, organizing lobbying missions (Door Knock Missions) to Washington D.C to promote Tunisia and business potentials to US high officials at the Administration and the Congress as well as the civil society. Besides, AmCham assists in the program of US business delegations visiting Tunisia.
AMCHAM TUNISIA STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
- To promote the development of trade, commerce and investment between Tunisia and the US.
- To act as a forum for non-political dialogue between the local American business and public and private interests and enterprises in Tunisia
- To create awareness of the benefits of trade and investment opportunities between Tunisia and the US and the MENA region.
- To reinforce AmCham’s membership.
- To strengthen AmCham’s training programs.See more