Asbury Methodist Social Service
As early as 1959, the Methodist United Church built Yasili Village in order to accommodate the wooden huts in Tsuen Wan. The Yasri Community Center was established in 1960 to provide medical, educational and social services to the villagers of the Yasri Village at that time. In the mid-1960s, Dawokou Village and Kwai Chung Village were built separately, and the service was extended to the villagers of these two villages.
Early services were provided by churches and enthusiasts. In the 1970s, professional social workers were hired to work. In August 1979, the Social Center for the Elderly was established. One year later, the “Elderly Health Plan” and school social work were launched. In response to service needs, the center opened the "after-school care service" in October 1990, and in 1996 changed its name to the Methodist Asley Social Service. In August 2001, the Service extended its services to families and established family growth and resource centers to provide support for new immigrants, single parents and crisis families.See more