Assam Electricity Grid Corporation Limited (AEGCL)
Assam Electricity Grid Corporation Limited, a vibrant growth oriented Public Sector Company registered under ‘Company Act, 1956’. It was formed out of restructured Assam State Electricity Board in 2003 and was notified as the State Transmission Utility (STU). Its core business is to efficiently transport electrical power from electrical power bulk heads to the distribution company networks in the state of Assam.
Assam Electricity Grid Corporation Limited inherited 3862 circuit kms. of EHV lines above 66 kV voltage class and 38 numbers of EHV sub-stations having a total transformation capacity of 1636.50 MVA at its birth in 2003. Since its inception, it has added 1584 circuit kms of EHV lines and has added 4125 MVA transformation capacity by way of commissioning 17 new EHV sub-stations and augmenting existing sub-stations. It has also added Reactive Power Compensation at 33 kV bus to the tune of 285 MVAR. Assam Electricity Grid Corporation Limted had also added one 400/220 kV Grid Substation and One 220/33 kV GIS Sub Station during the preceding years.
As on 21.07.2018, AEGCL has 65 nos. of EHV Grid Substations (400 kV-1 no., 220 kV- 11 nos. and 132 kV - 53 nos.) with total Transformation capacity of 6158 MVA.
Assam Electricity Grid Corporation Limited is playing a strategic role as it is the largest ‘STU’ in NE region. It also understands its responsibility towards the entire North East India and is always extending a helping hand by way of transporting a fair share of power to the other sister states of the region.
Assam Electricity Grid Corporation Limited has consistently maintained the transmission system availability over 99% which is at par with other National Transmission Utilities.
Assam Electricity Grid Corporation Limited vows to ever strive till all transmission bottlenecks get eradicated. It pledges to deliver unrelenting brilliance in performance, deliver power efficiently but economically, show high safety standards and is committed to respect environmental and heritage issues.
To march ahead towards number one rank amongst the leading Transmission Utilities in India, transmitting quality, reliable and secured power with minimum transmission loss at a competitive price.
1. Transmission of power in large quantity with affordable price as per the expectation of customers, Government of Assam and AERC.
2. Increase transmission network need based to meet demand of the State in 2032.
3. Adoption of best Construction and O&M practices supported by system driven processes enabled by cutting edge IT solutions.
3. Diversification of business in providing consultancy on construction and maintenance services and entering business in Telecommunication and other emerging areas so as to achieve optimum utilization of assets and generation of additional revenue.
4. Develop skilled and satisfied human resources, fostering a service oriented attitude to its stake holders and empowered to meet need in the changing scenarios.
5. Building Research and Development wing for adoption of new technology.
6. Discharge the social responsibility with commitment on Environment Protection, Health, Safety, Energy conservation and Community Development.
7. To establish as one of the transparent entity in the Country with total honour to Whistle Blower Policy.