Associated Food Distributors S.A. (AFD)
Associated Food Distributors S.A. is one of the major distributors of imported foods and beverages, tobacco and other consumer goods. The company has more than 15 years of experience in the distribution business as well as supermarket chains. They dominate the supermarket, convenience and horeca markets.
Associated Food Distributors S.A. is dedicated in using its resources to gain market share aggresively in the years to come. They strive to promote their quality brands with their knowledge of this market place. AFD is proud of its accomplishments to this date and is ready to take advantage of new challenges to come, while expanding and strengthening to new horizons of their business.
AFD's market coverage is supplied with approximately 1000 establishments directly and over 500 mom and pop stores indirectly. AFD is known througout the community given its aggressiveness, knowledge, experience and involvement in popular social events.
AFD's marketing philosophy and strategy is totally focused on innovation and service. Market penetration at all levels has and will continue to be at the core of its activities. AFD's positioned with an assortment of SKU's dominating the competition. Their marketing campaign is continously monitored to ensure that each brand is uniquely positioned and targeting its intended audience.
AFD's facilities are equipped with refrigerated and frozen equipement to keep their dairy, produce and frozen products fresh at all times. Also they have air conditioned rooms for confectionery items and cigarrettes thus ensuring the freshness and quality of their products. AFD provides their clients with the backup they need in terms of promotional material, displays and much more to sell their brands with the help of their suppliers of course.
AFD plans to invest in a route computer program to improve efficiency, reduce costs, monitor their sales force better, and provide quicker and better customer service. This system would provide accurate sales figures and forecasts, and would provide sales promotions more promptly to customers. This system is specifically designed for the distribution industry and provides top quality support to their sales force.
Their company has four main objectives: financial, sales related, human resources and innovation:
- Safeguard a 12% return on investment
- Cost reduction policy without jeopordizing service
- Maximize profits
- Increase sales by 15% annually
- Achieve 50% of total imported beer market
- Achieve 50% of total confectionery market
- Achieve 25% of total imported juice market
- Achieve 8% of total cigarrette market
- Achieve 30% of total energy drink market
- Teamwork shall be main focus throughout the organization
- Personal and professional development emphasized
- Introduce NEW Innovative products and be ahead of their competitors
- Every employee at AFD is a salesperson
- Dedication to the creation of a workplace where ideas can flourish, teamwork is the bottom line.See more