Balkan Agency for Sustainable Development (BASD) is a non-governmental organization in public benefit for the promotion of knowledge-based economy, sustainable development, civil society and social inclusion. It's headquarters is located in Sofia, Bulgaria.
BASD is a part of a wide network of non-for-profit and research organizations, regional agencies, governmental and other institutions in all Balkan and European countries, and in Asia and Middle East.
The global partnership brings up-to-date and exact information about the EU, its development and grant programs; first-hand information from local authorities, or directly from the European Commission.
In Bulgaria, Greece, Romania, Turkey, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, FYROM, Albania, Slovakia, Austria, Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Italy, and the UK BASD cooperates with renowned partners, which guarantees excellent conditions of work and commitment to the results to be achieved.
BASD is operating in the following scope of interventions:
- Socio-economic development, coherence to EU and national policies of to achieve the objectives of the Lisbon agenda - a knowledge-based economy, sustainable development;
- Applying, implementation and management of programs and funds financed by the European Union or other sources, including Technical assistance;
- Consulting SMEs, Women's Entrepreneurship;
- Energy efficiency and energy renewable sources;
- Activities related to development of the labor market;
- Activities related to development and preservation of human resources and policies in this area, demographic trends protecting human rights;
- Education and lifelong learning, development of education and training;
- Arts and Culture;
- Social inclusion, social economy, social and health services;
- Regional development, cross-border, transnational, interregional cooperation;
- Tourism, Rural Development;
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
Quality of life and fulfilment of humankind’s potential. They enable people to discover and develop their potential and direct their efforts for a positive impact on society.
BASD International’s mission is to to foster the well-being of all human beings by promoting sustainable economic development, inter-cultural dialogue, and facilitating access to life long learning, especially in the developing nations of the Balkans. Drawing strength from our global diversity, resources and experience, they promote innovative solutions and are advocates for global responsibility. They promote lasting change by:
- Assisting local communities, governmental institutions and international organizations implement programs that directly support sustainable development initiative, especially in the field of education
- Strengthening capacity for sustainable economic and social development
- Providing economic opportunity and life long learning
- Make business more socially aware and responsive to the needs of society in the international arena
- Creating opportunities for exposure and interaction between people of different cultures and nations
- Scalability, through partner organizations and networks
- Influencing policy decisions at all levels
- Addressing discrimination in all its forms
- Encouraging a high level of cooperative reflection on the integration of ecological principles and traditional values in the economic planning and legal framework of developing economies.
Guided by the aspirations of local communities, they pursue their mission with both excellence and compassion because the people whom they serve deserve nothing less.
BASD specializes in complex implementation of and consulting on project cycle management focused on raising subsidies from European Union and other development funds. BASD represents the concept with standardized processes, a sophisticated system, and the most competent experts in given segment. The scope of their portfolio includes numerous activities covering project concept, implementation analysis and reporting.
Education & Training – New Skills, New Jobs
In today's fast-pacing world, nothing stays still for long and that's because the skills needed by the economy are constantly evolving in line with global trends and technological advances. It is vital therefore that the system ensures they can be responsive to meet these needs within a quality framework which ensures that standards are kept consistently high.
Democracy & Civil Society
The idea of democracy is closely linked to individuals and families seeking personal freedoms. Expanding the global community of democracies is a key objective of BASD.
Economic Growth & Trade
Almost two-thirds of the world’s population lives on less than $2 per day. Families are hard-pressed, at this level of income, to meet their daily needs for food and shelter.
Growing populations are placing increasing pressure on the natural resources in many countries and many of these resources, once used, are not renewable. BASD takes an integrated approach to natural resources management.
The BASD’s goals in social inclusion represent the commitment and determination to create a brighter future for families in the developing world.
BASD has worked in cooperation with international partners to improve conditions for people around the world. BASD is committed to an approach that recognizes and incorporates the efforts of partnership, local ownership, sustainability, accountability, and-not leas--passion and commitment.
Women and Youth in Development
The contributions that women make to the economic, social, and political lives of their nations, communities, families and the next generation make them key actors in effective development. BASD's approach to gender and youth is to design projects that take both women's and men's participation into account.
Where is Balkan Agency for Sustainable Development (BASD)