Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense, space and security systems. A top U.S. exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training.
Boeing has a long tradition of aerospace leadership and innovation. The company continues to expand its product line and services to meet emerging customer needs. Its broad range of capabilities includes creating new, more efficient members of its commercial airplane family; integrating military platforms, defense systems and the warfighter through network-enabled solutions; creating advanced technology solutions; and arranging innovative customer-financing options.
With corporate offices in Chicago, Boeing employs more than 170,000 people across the United States and in 70 countries. This represents one of the most diverse, talented and innovative workforces anywhere. More than 140,000 employees hold college degrees -- including nearly 35,000 advanced degrees -- in virtually every business and technical field from approximately 2,700 colleges and universities worldwide. Our enterprise also leverages the talents of hundreds of thousands more skilled people working for Boeing suppliers worldwide.
Boeing is organized into two business units: Boeing Commercial Airplanes and Boeing Defense, Space & Security. Supporting these units are Boeing Capital Corporation, a global provider of financing solutions; the Shared Services Group, which provides a broad range of services to Boeing worldwide; and Boeing Engineering, Operations & Technology, which helps develop, acquire, apply and protect innovative technologies and processes.
What we do today
Design, assemble and support commercial jetliners
- Boeing 7-series family of airplanes lead the industry
- Commercial Aviation Services (CAS) offers broad range of services to passenger and freight carriers
Design, assemble and support defense systems
- World’s largest designer and manufacturer of military transports, tankers, fighters and helicopters
- Support Systems provides services to government customers worldwide
Design and assemble satelites launch vehicles
- World's largest provider of commercial military satelites; largest NASA contractor
Integrate large-scale systems; develop networking technology and network-centric solutions
Provide financing solutions focused on customer requirements
Develop advanced systems and technology to meet future customer needs
Customers and customer support in 150 countries
- Total revenue in 2012: $81.7 billion
- 70 percent of commercial airplane revenue historically from customers outside the United States
Manufacturing, service and technology partnerships with companies around the world with 26,500 contracts from suppliers and partners globally
Research, design and technology-development centers and programs in multiple countries
More than 170,000 Boeing employees in 50 states and 70 countries
Boeing’s corporate citizenship efforts strive to help create healthy and vibrant communities.
We do this through the products and services we develop and the way we operate our business in the interconnected world in which we live.
We partner with community organizations around the globe in five strategic focus areas: health and human services, education, arts and culture, civic awareness and environment.
- In 2012 Boeing contributed $66 million to organizations in communities worldwide.
- Boeing employees gave an additional $42 million through the Employees Community Fund (ECF) and Gift Match donations from employees, retirees and board members. Boeing’s ECF is one of the largest employee-owned and managed funds of its kind in the world.
- $71 million was contributed to mutually beneficial community activities, including event sponsorships, memberships and business donations.
- Thousands of Boeing employees volunteering year-round.