IPB was built on 1 September 1963 as the form of visionary thinking from the leader of nation and they who were care about the agricultural university that this great nation had a world-class university with the competence in the field of agriculture, bioscience, and various fields related. This was intended for strengthening food security, bioenergy, job creation, poverty alleviation, and preserving the environment. The inception of IPB on 1 September 1963 based on the decision of Minister of Higher Education and Science (PTIP) No. 92/1963 which was then approved by the First President of RI with the Decision of No. 279/1965.
"To become a research-based higher education of international standard and a prime mover of agriculture mainstreaming."
- To implement an excellent high education and comprehensive student development to produce competitive graduates with Indonesian characteristics.
- To conduct research for the development of science and technology which bring benefit to agrarian and maritime communities.
- To provide public services that promotes innovations in science and technology with entrepreneurial characteristics while maintaining the great values of the nation and preserving natural resources.
- To strengthen an effective, efficient, transparent, and accountable management system of higher education.
- To produce qualified graduates capable of developing and applying science and technology.
- To develop scientific and technological innovation for the improvement of national development and the welfare of mankind.
- To establish IPB as power for moral force of the entire Indonesian civil society.
- To respond to the dynamic changes which occur in society over time and changed community needs.
" Searching and Serving The Best "
Through high commitment to the quality, high efficiency and accountability, IPB produces graduates who
Where is Bogor Agricultural University (Institut Pertanian Bogor)